AS5 Probs...

red930

so which temp should i more concerned about? CPU? or CPU Diode?

:confused:

the CPU Diode temp fluctuates much more between idle/load, so is that the one i should be looking at for my load temps?

I use NF4 MBM 5 for temp monitor software.

That is a really good support thread and here is another very good thread by soundx98; Temps Too High?

What are your temps? More important if you're air cooling your rig it will not get any cooler than the room ambient temp. Expect the CPU temp to be 10ºC or more above the room ambient temp.

I set my rig up for maximum cooling. If your HSF and chipset fan are plugged into the motherboard you can try the following.

Go into the BIOS, under PC Health Status and set the: “CPUfan Fully On…” > 26ºC and “NB Fan Fully On…” > 40ºC I also have the Shutdown Temperature – Enabled at 60ºC.

Basically this will set the fans to full speed (RPM). I notice that when I do this my whole system will run cooler. I prefer the fans spinning faster than the throttling. If the throttling or noise is to loud adjust the temp up a bit.

Replacing the chipset fan with an Evercool VC-RE is going to help. A lot of people get a 5ºC - 10ºC drop in temp.

More case fan’s and higher volume.

1. The key is your room’s ambient temperatures, the cooler the better.

2. Then you also need proper case air flow.

3. Keep the HSF and fan’s clean of dust and lint for efficiency. If you notice your temps rising and dust accumulation it’s time to clean.