Latest Oc With Xp2000

Wow, those are very good temperatures. Is it a T-bred A or B? It must be a B...very nice, man. But you can't go above 333fsb? That sucks. But you still have plenty of room, heat wise. Try raising the multiplier some more. Maybe a modified BIOS would help with the fsb. I got a modded bios that enabled my old ECS K7S5A (which I don't have anymore) to technically run at 400fsb. (not that it actually could or anything.) But anyway, nice job.

you think u can help me out entrancer? these are my current settings

1.87 ghz

fsb 149

multiplier 12.5

vcore 1.850

its running very unstable at this point; constant freezing. what can i do to make it more stable? i have a palomino chip, so might that be the reason why i cant oc that much? my temps at the moment are 36/44.5

First is that temp off of a diode in the slot, a surface sensor or a 3rd party sensor. Lots of times a monitor will display your surface temp intead of the core.

Secondly I had another XP2000 before and couldn't get it to go anywhere. I've come to think and most of these experts will tell you its kindof luck of the draw in this game.

Whats the DDR voltage!!!!!!!!!

What's your FSB/AGP/PCI divider or can you lock your PCI bus though I doubt that's the problem.

And lastly how fast did you OC. I upped my FSB a lil at a time 1 point a day to 170, and once there burned it in for a week. I ran Sandra burn in on CPU - arithmetic multimedia, memory cache for 150 cycles. And then played Americas Army every night for 5 hours for a week :). Then backed it off to 166. My voltage had to be upped to 1.7V but thats still much less than many have and that coupled with my cold room means Im running pretty cool. I had no desire to go past 333 FSB so I didnt try to up any further and instead at that point worked on my multiplier. Now im at 166 x 13.5 running at 2245.95.

Edited by entrancer0122