Opty 165 = No display

I have been trying to upgrade my system (Ultra-D, PC4000 ballistic Tracer Ram, Radeon X850Xt GPU Etc...) from 4400+ to Opty 165 but it seems it doesn't want to play ball. The sytem appears to power up, all fans running, hard drive spinning but no Display

Initially it tried to boot but got "Unrecognised" processor error. So I assumed it it was a bios issue. So I change back to 4400+, download the latest bios from DFI (#406) and upgrade. Everything Ok.

Now when I changed back to Opty 165 The system seems to power up But No Display.

I have tried to clear CMOS as recommended here ( 1min, 10min, 24hrs) still nothing. I know the RAM is OK. So is Graphics card because when I replace the OPTy with the 4400+ evrything works fine.

So now I am thing either the Opty is faulty or the OPTY is very fussy about which RAM it works with.

What do you guys think?

Cable and connector GFX card to LCD? Check lcd to insure it is working. I know, it worked the other day. I had a simular problem short time back. My lcd just quit. I thought it was 7900 GPU problem but not.

My video does not respond well with Opteron 165. When I do restart, I sometimes get no video until the OS has fully loaded. I am able to use leds to determine when to press delete to go into bios. Weird even.

I don't believe it's graphics card or it's connection issue. I'm sure it's either the CPU is a dud or the memory is not compatible with the opty 165.

I have got the Crucial Ballistix Tracer Ram, which when the system boots or running has these flashy lights running all over the modules. With the 4400+ processor these work fine. With the opty 165 installed I don't get the flashy lights.

If the processor is a dud would all the system fans, hard drives etc still spin??

OK. Now I know the processor is NOT a dud. I just tried installing it on a friends Asus board and it booted up OK.

Which means if the both the processor and Ram modules are OK individually then it must be a compatibility issue or jumper setting issue between OPTY 165 and Crucial Ballistix PC4000 ram and the board.

My video does not respond well with Opteron 165. When I do restart, I sometimes get no video until the OS has fully loaded. I am able to use leds to determine when to press delete to go into bios. Weird even.

I have the same issue with the DVI output of my 7600GS when running the Opty 165. I have no clue what it is all about..?