Computer wont boot with Alcohol 120%, need to reboot and use last work

Hotshot

note: I formated 2 months ago and that is were this problem started happening (I started using partitions there, so that might be the problem).

For ther last 2 months Alcohol 120% would give me problems when I would have images emulated and restart. I would reboot then at the Windows XP loading screen it would idle there forever. I would need to restart, and tell my computer to use the last known good configurations.

Eventually it seemed to have fixed itself (that or... maybe somehow a specific image might of been causing this problem and I had no re-loaded it)...

Anyway, I formated like a week ago (again).... I decided id install a newer build same version (hoping it would be fixed)...

That time it also did not boot. When I told it 2 restore... This time AVG resident shield was not started and my res was ultra low (I could not bring it up). Had to use system restore....

My Alcohol old build used to work perfectly. While the new build has the same problem (but it was much worse last time). So I have no clue why this is happening.

sorry if its long.... just want 2 cover all the bases...

Prior to reading your post I had to look up what exactly that program does. It sounds stronger than Bacardi 151 without knowing what you are talking about. Looking at that program, it is VERY similar to NERO.

You said you installed a "....newer build same version....". I dont understand what exacly you are refering to, the computer or upgrade of the program. If you are experiencing problems with that specific program, Alcohol 120%, since reformatting, I would do two things:

1. Back up and reinstall Windows and the whole nine

2. Buy Nero

They are the same thing, Nero and that Program from the looks of it. Doesnt seem like its missing much.

Also you say your system didnt boot. Are they still at Optimal settings or do you have them set higher than what is stated in your sig. I dont see why this one program is giving you so many problems. I say get rid of it and try something else. Sorry dude, your guess is as best as mine but I honestly would at least try to see if something else works before I start moving to computer components as a potential problem.

Alcohol 120% is used for virtual drives.

I can make a backup of a cd (ex: .iso) then I can "emulate it" so I do not need the CD.

Formating wont help becase this has happaned two times right after a format....

Try using daemon tools instead. It won't create the iso images for you but its a great program for virtual drives.

Try using daemon tools instead. It won't create the iso images for you but its a great program for virtual drives.

Alcohol was a problem on my last format. Daemon was the first thing I tried :P Daemon spyware (whenusave) gave me lots of problems. Daemon also had this error message... I had found a way to remove it (on a couple forums), but it had multiple steps using safemode and the register....

ok.... im getting half happier....

Half my problems are getting better.....

On top of geting linux back working.... Alcohol this time did screw up, but it did not change my resolution and disable AVG :) I can definetly live with that.... Just dont think I can live with my explorer crashing :

a newer update in windows x64 was screwing up alcohol and daemon but i dont know if they released any updates like it for xp32 or not. you might check the alcohol forum and see if anyone was having issues or not.