Free program for burning ISO's---

old_geekster

Everyone seems to like Nero or other expensive programs for burning ISO's. I have been using a free download called "CDBurnerXP Pro3".

I have used it to burn ISO's for Linux and Tmod's CD's for Flashing BIOS; recently CD 7.0. It works great and best of all --- it is FREE!

Guest caffeinejunkie

My personal fav is Alcohol 120%. It's got burning (w/ any kind of protection format you can think of), and can emulate upto 34 drives.

I haven’t tried that one.

I’m pretty happy with ImageBurn, a free program by the same guy who wrote the excellent DVD Decryptor.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Shouldn’t this post be in the software section?

DVD Decrypter works well for burning iso files too, if you can find it. I don't believe it is supported anymore and might not be free.

a lot of software uses the Nero burning engine...so I figured "bleh...why not just buy Nero and keep getting updates since it's the best for me and all of hte other burning/ripping tools I use and it uses the Nero engine?"

Nero is a good invesment...I still use my original Nero 6 (but I have all the latest Nero6 updates etc).

I only really use the Express mode to burn cd's and dvd's...and the audio cd burner program requires nero's burn engine to function anyway lol

Guest Neezer

ok. I have installed CDBurnerXP Pro, and I want to burn an iso for vista. Do i just need to burn the file, or do i need to do something in particular so that it is an iso file?

Edit: I found a tab that has three options on it: Joliet, ISO level 1, and ISO level 2. is that what i need to set, and do i want level 1 or level 2?

ok. I have installed CDBurnerXP Pro, and I want to burn an iso for vista. Do i just need to burn the file, or do i need to do something in particular so that it is an iso file?

Are you creating or burning an iso?

Guest Neezer

I downloaded the vista beta from the windows site, so i would think the file is ready to be burned as an iso, but i could be wrong.