Can't Specify Additional Drivers During Windows Installation?

Hi guys now i lost my drivers floppy disk for my motherboard and after buying a new hard drive i tried re-installing windows but i downloaded the drivers off the dfi site extracted them to floppy as instructed tried to specify them and it just keeps saying "please insert a manufactures support disk" or something similar, my floppy drive led comes on just doesn't read from it!

HELP

ok something strange has happend i just installed windows onto my hard drive without slipstreaming or using floppy's (yesterday it just blue screened) but my 250gb hard drive only has 125gb of free space? why?

kool, urm do i press F6 still should it just install the drivers automatically?

The nLite slipstream process integrates the drivers into the installation. So, no, you don't need to press F6.

I just reloaded my OS a couple of days ago. I made a slipstream CD, but it wouldn't work right for some reason. I know it had something to do with nLite's ability to go in and disable basically anything you want for the installation- I must have disabled something that I shouldn't have. I ended up loading my OS the "old fashioned" way.

Don't get me wrong- I think slipstreaming is a great idea and it obviously works for the large majority of people who try it. I'm just a little bit dense and I don't want to take the time to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Someone who posts here made a great tutorial for integrating the nForce drivers with nLite. I thought I had a link to it, but I can't find it. I'm sure someone here will have the link.

I had the same issue and gave up on floppy drives...I use nLite to slipstream drivers into the windows xp install...Google nLite and you will find a good solution.

Wow that is a way easer way of slipstreaming than i use to do :nod:. Thx

Yeah nLite is the nicest program I have found...I am am working on an XP install disk that does it all on its lonesome, its possible to boot into windows and never touch a thing, so I am still working with it as I go.