Forgot to plug in the fan.

So I accidentally left the CPU fan unplugged for about 5hrs. Came back and noticed, and plugged the fan in. SmartGuardian reported the CPU temp as 38 or so (usual is around 36ish)... am I ok?

Indeed, there are people on this forum that always idle around that temp even WITH a fan. I'd recommend not running prime without a fan though (I'm sure you'd be fiine, but still it's not smart). ;)

Indeed, there are people on this forum that always idle around that temp even WITH a fan. I'd recommend not running prime without a fan though (I'm sure you'd be fiine, but still it's not smart). ;)

Memtest without a hsf on isn't recommended either.. I got a nice burning smell and a burnt finger when I tested the temp.. but the nf3 ut still goes strong! (I swear the nf3 s754 board is made from army grade components!)

Guest Timmay
Memtest without a hsf on isn't recommended either.. I got a nice burning smell and a burnt finger when I tested the temp.. but the nf3 ut still goes strong! (I swear the nf3 s754 board is made from army grade components!)

I can prove its still running *rips off HSF again* see its getting hot.

Guest Timmay

Drop your temps alot more on the 130nm wouldn't it... More then removing the HIS on a 90nm core??!?!?