Asus P5WD2-E Premium (975X) w/X1900XT Crossfires!

ok...so DFI probably frowns on me showing an Asus setup...but they can't complain a whole lot since we don't have a single 975X (nor even a 955X) motherboard...and I DID want to fool around with a Pentium D and some Crossfire action...so here she goes

btw, the FIRST pic is all at default settings like we run for all OCDB and SSDB settings

the SECOND pic is with all the settings MAXED OUT (4xAA/16xAF all quality etc)

enjoy!

http://www.angrygames.com/ocdb/asus3750xfi...3750xfire-1.gif

asus3750xfire_maxdetail-1.gif

asus3750xfire-2.gif

max detail

asus3750xfire_maxdetail-2.gif

asus3750xfire-3.gif

max detail

asus3750xfire_maxdetail-3.gif

asus3750xfire-4.gif

max detail

asus3750xfire_maxdetail-4.gif

asus3750xfire-5.gif

PS: couldn't figure out how to get Aquamark to run with all of these maxed settings so I just said $^#@$ this and finished it lol

You sure those aren't single card numbers (at least for 05)? Maybe I just missed that somewhere...

I think what you missed is that this is an INTEL cpu

not an AMD CPU

compare to my X2 4400+ oc'd to 2600Mhz:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...1&postcount=217

(ps: you can tell it is in Crossfire mode by the Aquamark and 3dmark2003 scores...there's no way a single card can score 27000+ on '03)

you havent overclocked the cards have you?

cards are clocked via Overdrive section of the CCC

690/720 is what they usually default to...I hate CCC and I hate stupid Overdrive but the ATI Tool sucks worse as it actually freezes all my rigs and I don't think it works on Crossfire at all (single cards it works pretty well, but in Xfire mode it sucks)

cards are clocked via Overdrive section of the CCC

690/720 is what they usually default to...I hate CCC and I hate stupid Overdrive but the ATI Tool sucks worse as it actually freezes all my rigs and I don't think it works on Crossfire at all (single cards it works pretty well, but in Xfire mode it sucks)

gotcha. use ati tool for voltage and fan control - CCC for clock speed

• 4 weeks later...

well, I dropped the vid card down to a single 7800GTX and score about 29,500-ish on 3dmark2001, and just nailed 105fps in Half Life 2: Lost Coast @ 1024x768 w/4xAA/8xAF and everything else on high

gonna re-run it at 1280x1024 and see

ps: using Windows XP Pro 64-bit edition ;)

Guest LithoTech
wtf??

i cranked it up to 6xAA/16xAF and it scores 103.88fps???

In Lost Coast? Sounds like it's not taking hold. Try exiting the game and forcing the settings in the cfg file.

These comparrisons should get really interesting when you start doing some video rendering, encoding and exporting. I'm looking forward to seeing just how much time this P4 can save you, I hope you can get around to doing a few trials for us!