Boot up first time

Just put all my parts together and hit the power button and bam no problems :nod:

Installed everything just fine but now it will not read the floppy drive. The light is on and i see it as an A drive but it will not read a floppy disk at all. Therefore cannot flash bios yet.

One other problem my hdd is reading as a removable drive? It's a sata WD I believe everything is hooked up correctly but it still reads as a removable drive.

If anyone has a solution feel free to help me out.

Guest shaolin95

You can flash with a CD. Go to the Bios section and download the CD image, burn to a cd and then boot from the CD. I dont even have a floppy in my rig.

Just put all my parts together and hit the power button and bam no problems :nod:

Installed everything just fine but now it will not read the floppy drive. The light is on and i see it as an A drive but it will not read a floppy disk at all. Therefore cannot flash bios yet.

One other problem my hdd is reading as a removable drive? It's a sata WD I believe everything is hooked up correctly but it still reads as a removable drive.

If anyone has a solution feel free to help me out.

Is the light on the floppy always on? If so, you put the cable on backwards. Take the end you plugged onto the floppy and turn it 180 degrees. That should take care of it.

That was not the problem but thank you anyways... floppy was old and it did die..put it back into my old comp and same problem, I have not used it in awhile. They are cheap and I'll just go get another one. Anyone have a solution to the WD hdd being seen as a removable drive? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I have never used a sata drive before.