How much do you charge for building PC's

jeez! talk about expensive. I charge about 30 for building, install of os and overclocking and RAID. Of course, this is for a 400 dollar rig, so a 1000 would cost about 65. I dont make huge amounts of money, but I have lots of happy people. 8 month warranty, free help, free housecalls, free service.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i charge $50 for putting parts together + OS

$100 for looking for parts and putting it together... only for $500+ config, becoz :P

an extra $50+ 6-pack Heineiken for overclocking (full money back guarantee if oc failed, but beer wont be returned)

CLOSE friends only, i dont do help strangers unless its in a forum :P too much hassles and complaints...

ps: canadian dollars..... well...i guess now its almost the same with USD lol

FYI If any of you guys do this for a living you should have an attorney include a "mechanics lien" clause in your standard paperwork if it applies in your state.

In Mississippi, computer repair carries the same weight as auto repair. If a mechanic does work on your car and you don't pay him, he can retain the car and sell it to relieve the debt owed to him.

I had a customer refuse payment so my attorney did up the lien papers and filed it at the Courthouse.

Three days later, Sheriff Deputies showed up and confiscated the hardware. The next day my ex-customer paid his bill plus interest, my attorney fees and damages. Then he had to pay the Court costs including mileage for the Deputies.

It cost him almost $4K to settle a $1,200.00 bill.