XFX 7900GT crashing @stock

i would have to try that. great idea.. so do i take the trays out?
let me know if you are having problems finding the tubing and screws, I think I have a few that i can mail ya.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used some antics "i think its called" and they are working great and very quite. the only problem with them is the power (4 pin molex only, no 3 pin). and remember don't make the mistake i did and use sheet metal on the sides and all, it dosent need it. PM me with the results or if you cant find the parts.

Okay i deleted the CoolBits from the registry and now using RivaTuner v2.0 C16. When i overclock with RivaTuner it would put CoolBits back and display the same clocks i've set in Riva (560/825x2). I also put my VF700Cu back on along with the ramsinks. I didn't go buy the new ram sink sticky thing so i just gave it a good shove, hehe. Getting sort of cool here in Cali (8pm) and i got a big fan right next to my pc pushing air to the max, my GPU is @34c idle. Everything seems to be fine running @560/825x2, but i haven't tried launching a game yet, i can't watch, please...hehehe here goes....
So, what's the verdict Big Trucker!!!!good news I hope.

Well, i overclock it with RivaTuner @560/825 and that was fine. Played alittle of Condemned and that was fine, got into COD MP 1.5 version and i get stuttering but that was from the server or our Router/Cable modem since my lil' bro is downloading. He told me it was doing it on his pc too, (skipping frames once in awhile). I just hope my Ramsinks stay on, or if not i'll have to go buy some new ones, maybe even copper since the last time my memory modules were naked i felt the hot temperature and it didn't look good at all. So far so good, i had to stop playing since my MX1000 laser mouse was low on batteries, hehe. Anyhow did you find out your version and week number yet on your XFX UDE7 520/1500 right?

Ssshhh!!Still at work. Hehe. I'll try to post the info maybe in the morning. good to hear it running better. Your sinks should be ok. I've got sinks stuck on my mobo chips with AS-C, the white stuff and they havent fallen off.

Yeah, i'm still using the same sticky tapes that were on my X800GTO, just pulled them off and stuck them on the 7900GT memory modules just like that. I still pressed on them to make sure they make a good connection, but i have a feeling they are going to fall straight down. You think Radio shack has these sticky tapes that go between the ramsinks and memory on the video cards? Dude what time is it over there right now, Wash. above Cali right, heheh daaaa!

Yeah, i'm still using the same sticky tapes that were on my X800GTO, just pulled them off and stuck them on the 7900GT memory modules just like that. I still pressed on them to make sure they make a good connection, but i have a feeling they are going to fall straight down. You think Radio shack has these sticky tapes that go between the ramsinks and memory on the video cards? Dude what time is it over there right now, Wash. above Cali right, heheh daaaa!
Here is my info: T71G-UCE7 7900GT Ver A.0 04/06 Bios Ver:5.71.22.12.82 Driver:84.21 lol, that driver i'm using is very old, but i'm gonna stick with it until they hammer out the problems in the newer versions.

You got a different card man! UCE7? I got the UDE7 boss. That Bios is totally different then mine as well, also your version ends @12.82 or is it 12.02? Why you little......LOL....

Anyways i'm at work now, but the computer seems like it was working fine. So it's a heating problem maybe, can't tell at this point, you know. I'm using the new 91.28 drivers and RivaTuner 2.0 R16. You around boss?

You got a different card man! UCE7? I got the UDE7 boss. That Bios is totally different then mine as well, also your version ends @12.82 or is it 12.02? Why you little......LOL....

Anyways i'm at work now, but the computer seems like it was working fine. So it's a heating problem maybe, can't tell at this point, you know. I'm using the new 91.28 drivers and RivaTuner 2.0 R16. You around boss?

son of a *****, man i'm sorry about that, no harm no foul I hope. (please don't flame me :rolleyes: ) I havent tried the 91.28 bios yet, wanna wait and see what PPL say about it.

[Freepost ON]

Mack27, I have the same card as you, UDE 520/1500, W0406, ver. 1.2, etc.

However, I didn't try to run it because my setup is still under construction. I will get it probably in this week or in the next week.

In France (yes i'm french), a lot of people is having problems with their 7900GTs.

XFX seems to be the most "problematic". But, the shop where i bought my card only 1% RMA for 7900 GT ! So i hope my 7900 gt would run well.

:sweat:

[Freepost OFF]