Thermaltake Water cooling

Yeah, I know everyone will say that you should go with danger den and others and stuff, but I wanna know how this one is. Found a few website reveiews on it and they all liked it. Anyone here have it or any experience with it? Its the Thermaltake Bigwater 745: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835106074

And I plan on adding in this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835106066

And a temp indicator, can't find a good link right now.

Also, anyone know of a good GPU cooler that'd fit in with this?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Timmay

People are going to Kill/Flame/Mame/Torture you for even bringing up ThermalTake Water Cooling kits.

My advice is to look at a Swiftech Apex Ultra Kit, Or An Ultra Plus Kit.

They much better build quality not to mention quality parts, but also are much much much less known for things to go wrong and fry your computer.

lol, ok thanks, are those in the same price range?

And heard from a few places you're better off piecing together your own kit rather than buying kits. With a budge of $200 max, what'd be better going for, pre-made kit or piecing stuff together?

Guest Timmay
TDX: 50.00

Maze 4: 50.00

Double HC: 20.00

D5 or DDC:75.00

Tubing: 10.00

T Line: 2.00

Coolant and Clamps: 10.00

*edit* Pwned.

TDX Is the Water Block for your CPU.

Maze 4 Is the GPU water block for your GFX card.

Doulbe HC would be the Radiator.

D5/DDC is the Water Pump.

Tubing is well... Tubing.

T line is so you can drain/full your system with water.

Coolant is coolant, clamps are to keep your Tubes on to their fittings.

lol, ok thanks, are those in the same price range?

And heard from a few places you're better off piecing together your own kit rather than buying kits. With a budge of $200 max, what'd be better going for, pre-made kit or piecing stuff together?

No, they are more expensive... but funny since the extra $$$ is actually the extra cooling performance vs. the TT Bigwater. If you want to buy a kit, which is probably the best way to go, check out the Swiftech kit below; it is a kit, but has room for including other components in the water cooling system... like a video card.

This one for example, the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultra, is probably nearly twice better than the Bigwater... and it only cost $80 dlls more.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swh2edukit.html

I'm thinking about getting some water cooling too, have 3 overclocked PC's warming up my apt like crazy..

That Swiftech kit looks nice, but the tubing is 7/16. Not quite 1/2 ID, would it matter? The price is close to what a full DD setup would cost anyways..

thats a real nice preconfigured kit Sorrento :nod: ....good pricing too

if your looking to get something quick besides DangerDen stuff you can always check out

Cooltechnica.com which is about 35-40mins north in Amesbury on Rte110 and allow p/u's.

if you absolutely can't wait, MicroCenter in Cambridge carries a full line of

DangerDen products at online prices. though you won't find online sale pricing.

if you do go there, avoid the full DD kits they offer (power kit etc...) as they contain

the lowest rated pump and rad.

if you can wait a few days the kit Sorrento posted is perfect and has the

headroom to expand it further

the tubing size is not the point as the controlling factor is the connecter/hose barb id's i bought the swiftech apogee kit 6 degrees delta @idle 10 @full load works for me

and all that you will need is in the kit fans(even volt modded cables)and all