Clear CMOS Toggle (THunDA's Toggle)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So finally I made one of these up. it now is hooked up to the pins on the CMOS and the cable runs to the back of the computer and is mounted in a pci slot cover. No more opening the case or fumbling around with long twesears and flash light

Hmm, I have one question... if the switch is outside, what would happen if someone, one of those dumb humans out there (friends, GF, etc) moved the switch to the clear position while the computer was working??? What would happen??? Even if the system is off, loosing BIOS data that hasn't been saved in CMOS Reloaded by mistake would probably make me turn green :mad:

I thought about this horror story before when I saw case mod pics here in DFI Street... I think having the switch inside would be a very good idea :)

Just found a video card that has a Dual Bios. It brings a switch to toggle between BIOS's, I wonder if we can contact this company and buy these already assembled instead of making it ourselves (or messing it up) directly.

On the PCB you'll find a jumper, that jumper selects BIOS A or B. You can also connect a (supplied) switch to it.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/347/3/

i'm lookin for this manufacturer's website: Galaxy

A Radioshack here not 10 minutes away from where I live have those fighter missile toggle switch, I think I'm getting me one. :)
Hook it up to your Halon fire surpression system in case it catches on Fire :shake:

Good job Cat !

Now if I could only find my cmos toggle..lol.. I never put it back in for some odd reason when I redid my case to water and now I cant find it.. :confused:

Cat took it!!! :rolleyes:

Guest caffeinejunkie
Hmm, I have one question... if the switch is outside, what would happen if someone, one of those dumb humans out there (friends, GF, etc) moved the switch to the clear position while the computer was working??? What would happen??? Even if the system is off, loosing BIOS data that hasn't been saved in CMOS Reloaded by mistake would probably make me turn green :mad:

I thought about this horror story before when I saw case mod pics here in DFI Street... I think having the switch inside would be a very good idea :)

hmm im curious as too what would happen aswell

I guess the only way to find out is to try :nod:

I guess thats why it's suggested to put it in one of those flip down usb thingys

luckily my lian-li has a nice one that isnt occupied

I know on ABIT and Gigabyte boards it will power off immediately when you do that... the board wont even power the the jumper is on clear...like the cord is pulled.....

I found it strange when I set the cmos jumper to clear and hit the power switch on my LP-B and it fired....didnt boot but it fired...then I read you not suposed to do that....hmmm...that boards lived the longest....;)