Blue ray...

Guest caffeinejunkie
who needs blue ray when hard drives capacity is going up....

why blu-ray is so expensive anyway... i bet its all marked up

yes with prependicular recording we're going to start too see some very high capacity drives at relativley low prices. As im sure most of you know of seagates 750gb for $489 that eliminates blu-ray for me for anytype of storage. I mean for the endprice of getting a burner and the media your looking at probably close too the price of two of the 750gbs. And Idk about you but id much rather have my data on drives rather then on disks somewhere no matter what format they are. And with these new drives coming out (1 tearbyte should be out soon from seagate) all other drives will naturally drop in price.

Blu-ray is not for me

but with the way games are going some high capacity portable media format will be needed eventually

Keeping track of the 5 disks I need for F.E.A.R can be a pain and having them all on one blu-ray would be convienent

What you gotta realize is all new formats and new technologies come out with insane price tags. just look at when dvds first came out. prices were nuts. Now a days you can get a dvd player for a lil over 20 bucks and the burners arent much more than cd burners.