Need help connecting Motorola SLVR

Hi all. I am new to Motorola phones and phones in general. I have been being a good noob and have spent a lot of time reading tutorials and stickies and such. However, I have been having a very difficult time getting p2kman to connect with my SLVR. Does anyone have any experience in this department?

Thanks.

Thanks mate. I've already been there - nice site.

I think I figured out my first problem. I eventually found a standalone set of Motorola Drivers v2.9 (ie not part of the standard p2kman pack). Windows seemed to act properly with these and registered several devices (whereas before using various incarnations of 2.8 I was only getting the initial USB device to be detected). I was already able to load mp3 ringtones; now I can load up skins as well. Apparently there is a risk of bricking while unlocking the SLVR (think "bad BIOS flash with no opportunity to change out your BIOS chip"), so I need to do some more reading before giving that a go. I will also be looking to change the DRM, replace the bootup/shutdown screens, and remove a lot of the uneccesary built in crap down the line.

For those with a Motorola L7 phone, try using the drivers found here (P2K Drivers) if you are having a hard time getting everything installed.

Thanks again SuppA-SnipA!

Guest SuppA-SnipA

sweet... ya i killed the on board flash on my 551, next day me and dad went to meet with a local guy, he fixed it and unlocked it using a motorola smartclip, those things aint cheap, bout $300 usd lol

sweet... ya i killed the on board flash on my 551, next day me and dad went to meet with a local guy, he fixed it and unlocked it using a motorola smartclip, those things aint cheap, bout $300 usd lol

Yea a bad flash on a phone can really kill it..

I manage a cell phone store and my boss has Smart Clip.. Even then I havent really messed with my phone much.. (v635) When I first got it I reflashed it to a newer firmware and they was about it..

I'd like to flash it to the 704-2bta but im not sure how that would fly.. :shake:

edit..

btw here is another cool cell phone modding forum..

http://www.howardforums.com/

ALSO NO TALKING ABOUT UNLOCKING IN THIS THREAD OR IT WILL BE CLOSED !

Guest SuppA-SnipA

so no talking of unlocking? interesting ... :) lol and cool that u got access to a smart clip

u lucky.... mod.

howardforums.com if memory serves me right the guy who runs that site is in fact in Toronto

so no talking of unlocking? interesting ... :) lol and cool that u got access to a smart clip

u lucky.... mod.

howardforums.com if memory serves me right the guy who runs that site is in fact in Toronto

Fixed the typo in my post..lol..