Is The Asus Probe Accurate

I have a cpu thermometer and it tells me that my cpu idles at around 36 and get to 43 under load. But my Asus probe tells me that my cpu idles at like 50-something and gets to 70 under load. My cpu thermometer is right next to the core, touching it. Which one is right.

Hmmm... that's an AMD board, right?

By thermomiter, you talking about one of those that print a read out to a LCD screen? Or are you using just a regular thermometer?

Either way, I'd go into the BIOS and see what it displays as your temp... That temp will be a few degrees cooler than your windows idle temp...

If the Thermometer is closer to that temp, go with it... if the probe is closer, go with it.

My thermometer has a digital readout on the front of the case. Anyways, there are a lot of people on this forum who are like "my xp runs at 36 idle and like 38 underload". That's impossible. On tom's hardware, their WATERCOOLED xp runs at 63 under load.

My thermometer has a digital readout on the front of the case. Anyways, there are a lot of people on this forum who are like "my xp runs at 36 idle and like 38 underload". That's impossible. On tom's hardware, their WATERCOOLED xp runs at 63 under load.

Nothing's impossible...