Sli dr or expert

paulbaker

My motherboard is getting rma'd soon, I was wondering about buying another backup mobo, and don't know that much about the expert, or what the difference is to the sli-dr, SHould I just get another sli-dr, or should I go for the expert, is the expert as buggy as the sli-dr, or is it an improvement? Any comments welcome, I will be using the compenents in my sign, except I now have an enermax 620watt liberty

I have an Expert and have had zero problems. Why not try the new crossfire board? You seem to be using an ATI card and if you prefer it over Nvidia, give it a try. Its got true x16 PCIe slots and some other features lacking on the SLI boards. Just an idea. ;)

Been toying with the idea, but there seems to be loads of bugs in that also, I lovED this board for first 3 months of solid pc,ing, but after that all kinds of probs started, and it's never been right since, keeps re-booting, at odd times, and all kinds of components failed, power pack blew up, hard drive failed, (2year old maxtor though}, dvd writer failed after 6 months, chipset fan failed, 6 months, it's been expensive, but I did love it when all was well, I must be mad wanting another!!! Just want reliability and speed.

Great, so the board I just bought is going to start killing itself bit by bit?

Are there certain revisions that are bad/good?

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR nForce4 SLI Athlon 64(FX)/Sempron Skt939

(not sure where the revision number is)

Been toying with the idea, but there seems to be loads of bugs in that also, I lovED this board for first 3 months of solid pc,ing, but after that all kinds of probs started, and it's never been right since, keeps re-booting, at odd times, and all kinds of components failed, power pack blew up, hard drive failed, (2year old maxtor though}, dvd writer failed after 6 months, chipset fan failed, 6 months, it's been expensive, but I did love it when all was well, I must be mad wanting another!!! Just want reliability and speed.

Hello, Check the capacitators on your Motherboard. Buldging/Leaking capacitators are the main course of these kinds of problems. Even though DFI use great caps, Check em anyway. Also, If your caps are in physically good condition, Try re-flashing your BIOS but in DOS not Windows, Just make a bootdisk and go from there. Cheers, Mitch.

Tried checking capacitors, they look ok, Have also made the latest bios on cd,( boy it's easier to flash from cd), and is less stable no matter what I do with settings.

CapnKirk I hope not , this is just been my experience, I bought the board very early on March 05, so they may have improved stuff.