Migrating from Asus A8N32-SLI to nF4-SLI DR Expert

Hi guys, I am moving back to DFI with my latest build after headache upon headache with the Asus A8N32. I'm still currently running the Asus, but am about to swap it out for the DFI board. Is it recommended to wipe everything clean and do a fresh install? Or can I simply swap out the boards and let Windows auto-detect everything, remove the Asus drivers manually, and then install the DFI drivers. I don't have anything on RAID, so it seems possible, but I wanted to get some opinions before taking the plunge.

I have another box with a 3500+ Venice on a DFI nF4-SLI DR and it has been running like a champ for a year, no problems. I have probably torn out half my head of hair dealing with this Asus board. USB doesn't work. IDE is messed up (nothing burns correctly). PCI conflicts. I just couldn't take it anymore.

I would do a reformat and reinstall Windows again to be on the safe side if you had all those problems with your OS before, who knows maybe there are corrupted files as well. Good Luck!

Hi guys, I am moving back to DFI with my latest build after headache upon headache with the Asus A8N32. I'm still currently running the Asus, but am about to swap it out for the DFI board. Is it recommended to wipe everything clean and do a fresh install? Or can I simply swap out the boards and let Windows auto-detect everything, remove the Asus drivers manually, and then install the DFI drivers. I don't have anything on RAID, so it seems possible, but I wanted to get some opinions before taking the plunge.

I have another box with a 3500+ Venice on a DFI nF4-SLI DR and it has been running like a champ for a year, no problems. I have probably torn out half my head of hair dealing with this Asus board. USB doesn't work. IDE is messed up (nothing burns correctly). PCI conflicts. I just couldn't take it anymore.

The 2 mobos use diffierent ata controllers is an auto FFR. You wont be able to get to safe mode. Also the hardware key wont reflect anymore and will cause stability issues.