Hey guys. I wouldnt really consider myself a noob. (Then again who does) I've been using the Ultra-D for some time now. So I thought I would upgrade a bit, so I just got myself a nF4 SLI Expert yesterday, Nice mainboard I think. I tossed my FX-60 on it, and get nothing but beeps, toss my FX-55 on there, get nothing but beeps, I toss my 3800+ Dual Core on there, and It works, same with my 3800+ single core. but the FX's do not work. I was able to use it with the 3800+ dual core for about 3 hours, then it totally stopped working. Im really not sure whats going on. I've tried everything replaced, memory, processors, hard drives, sound card, power supplies, I get nothing anymore. I cant even get the windows XP disk to boot. Defective mainboard?

Bios is 12/07/05

Thanks

~Mike

All 3 power connections were made. I had 2 sticks of ram in there, both in the orange slots. I also tried just one stick, nothing..

It was either 3 or 4 LEDs, I believe 4. with the none FX cpu's I am able to get into bios, but with the FX cpu's I am unable to get into bios or anything, just beeps at me.

~Mike

1) send me the fx-55

2) pm me for my address : )

3) Pop in a working CPU

4) Put in one stick of ram in the orange slot farthest from the cpu

5) Pop in a floppy drive

6) boot up, shutdown

7) Do one of these for 30 seconds

8) Download the second on this list

9) Dont reload anything from "CMOS Reloaded"

10) Tell me how it goes

11) Pay the invoice of one FX-55, to me, because you have to many sweet PCs : )