NF3 250GB - sound issue

Ok so I just got this lil thing running, and im actually using it now. Compared to some people I guess Ive had an easy install or I know how to set it up? I did alot of research prior to the actual build. Ive been a diehard ASUS geek untill now. Mostly because I decided to explore the wonderful world of extreme overclocking :) anyways to the point

everythings working. Except the sound. I do the wizard I hear the white noise, I can see the noises in the NVmixer however no output to speakers, the mic does not work either. I have triple checked the connections drivers etc. Perhaps its jumpers on the inside? i have them set to

AuD_R_Out & AuD_R_Return

AuD_L_Out & AuD_L_Return

those are how they stand on the mobo....any ideas what the problem might be? I even went as far as using the windows help tutorial because im freakin baffled! :(

Hello,

You should just leave the jumpers at stock setting if you are using on board sound. I assume you installed the NVidia drivers. Did you enable sound in the bios. Look in the Bios AC97.

Guest Otacon

When I first set up my board I couldn't get sound einther but it was the jumpers where set in the wrong position. It was my fault because I had front audio cable hooked up but when I went back to rear audio I forgot how the jumpers went and I got them on wrong.

Anyway your jumpers are set right so that isn't the problem. As for that NVMixer I never used it to configue my speakers or anything really, I just plugged my speakers in and there was sound. I of course had the audio drivers installed I'm just saying that I didn't use the "Speaker Wizard" thing.

I am at work right now, but no I didnt setup the bios, I havn't flashed it either. I will try that tonight....About the front audio. My case has front headphones/mic jacks with the stereo plug's coming off of them I was going to hook themup (havnt yet) I assume I just need to plug them in to the headphone/mic jack on the onboard sound? No change in jumpers? Id never used nvmixer either untill I exhausted my options :P 230AM my time took about 25 mins to format/install the OS .....3 hrs to get sound? LOL :drool:

anyways, a bit off thread.....What would you say would be the best option for a BIOS if I were to be overclocking....For the ram i went with 2x1gig however they are high density chips and show at 512 I know this sounds unorthodox but I was actually advised to try it. Someone said I can get some decent timings out of them I just have to underclock them in the bios. Havnt even got that far yet. Been my personal experience that changing things before the originals work right usually just leads to more hoops to jump through when solving the existing problem.

60FPS max in games? I can pull 100 on an old P4 with a 32mb vid card :/ (game used is counterstrike 1.6) max_fps 101 (this was enabled)