Crash led to no boot

Okay, so I was playing Counter Strike: Source like I normally do and have been for months when the game froze and I had the sound loop going. I tried to ctrl+alt+del but it didnt work then I tried multitasking out which seemed to work but I couldn't actually get to the desktop. So I turned the system off and back on.

After I get past the boot from cd check, right before it boots into windows, the screen goes black and the num key is frozen and the system hangs. I've tried safe mode and all those other boot options but the same thing happened. I reverted to my factory default bios settings and still no go.

Things that have recently changed on my system:

I recently added a USB external harddrive and moved a bunch of archives over from my raid array freeing 25 gigs or so.

A few days ago I installed Google Desktop.

A few days ago I updated to latest catalyst and audigy drivers.

That's about it. All help is greatly appreciated!!

Try clearing the CMOS. This seems to help a lot of similar issues. It could be that you need to reinstall or repair windows. This shouldn't affect any files on your HDD that you want to keep but I recommend backing up the data before you reinstall.

Like gil_grisson said, clear CMOS first. Next, if you can, boot into Windows Safe Mode and uninstall the video and sound card. Restart Windows and then load them again.

If that doesn't work. Do Windows repair. Last resort backup data and reload Windows.

does the board post ok? Is the only problem that it won't boot into windows? Give the Data and power cables a gentle push into their sockets and try again. If it still won't boot, use CD to repair windows.