cfx3200 or nf4 ultra

Bender222

trying to decide because i just sent my board to newegg for a refund and i am unsure whether i want the cfx3200 or the nf4 + some money. I dont plan to use crossfire, I use uccc diimms ( 2x) so i wil not need high voltages. I dont find the diagnostics LED display very helpful at all. I dont need 8 sata ports, . All i really wanted to do was to get my opty 170 0530 tpmw to 3ghz on water. i figured that the cfx3200 might increase my chances but i was not able to set the ram correctly , and when i tried to boot from a cd or a floppy it would stop halfway and give me an error( i could not change the bios or use tmods to Kill the cmos)

It would randomly reset the bios aswell which really drove me nuts.I also had the computer reset itself in the middle of memtest or just in the bios itself! So anyway, i sent it back and here is the question; jet another cfx4300 or an nf4?

I have an ultra-D NF4 and am on the whole most happy with it.

However, for one I can't seem to get it past 285 FSB and have tried on my current Opty 170 and a 3700+ SD that also OC'ed real nice. For two with the current Opty OC'ed to 280*10 on stock vcore the PWMIC's are warm to hot.

The new Expert I beleave OC's somewhat better than the Ultra-D for one and has 4 PWMIC's, however I think the CFX3200 has 5 PWMIC and OC's even better.

I am thinking of going for an Expert/Venus or the CFX3200 but it seems to have a few issues at this time on its forum.

IMHO - the NF4 Ultra-D is the best board DFI make. how many people post issues with it on here, compared to issues with other boards? i know there are awesome results to be had with Expert's and CF3200's but for the price/performance of the ultra-d ,............. it'd be my first choice anyway.

IMHO - the NF4 Ultra-D is the best board DFI make. how many people post issues with it on here, compared to issues with other boards? i know there are awesome results to be had with Expert's and CF3200's but for the price/performance of the ultra-d ,............. it'd be my first choice anyway.

Ya, I must agree the Ultra D is a great MB, I guess so many people have issue with them on this site is for one, Dfi must have sold loads of them. And for two many people are like myself and are relative new comer to OC'ing, hence the issues are really for the most part just part of the learning cure.

I have both boards, I love my new CFX but I love my nF4 too. Its really up to how much time and sweat you want to spend. I think my nF4 is much more stable and a more proven board, but I like to tinker and the CFX is more fun, to me. If you want to have a challange then CFX, but the proven board is the nF4!

Nf4's have been around, all the bugs are worked out, and the nF4 will have better support. The CFX is more fun to me cuz its new and it needs to be tinkered with. Those are choices you need to make, if its more of an issue just to have a working system, then a nF4 will be your better choice. You cant go wrong with any DFI board, but the nF4's have been proven to be great boards. Good luck!