Nero problem

thedougster

I have loaded my copy of Nero which worked well with the serial number I had to make it the premiun addition (version 6) However I made the stupid mistake of clicking to look for upgrades. It then came back to tell me my serial number is not valid and bumper me back down to the basic version.

To get around it I thought I could then just uninstall the program and then reinstall it back to the way it used to work. Unfortunatly it somehow remembers that the serial number is invalid and will not work to give me primuim. I thonk it is something in the registery that is not uninstalling.

Can anyone tell me how i can get around this and delete the information from my register?

Uninstall nero completely, delete installation folder, restart, then install trial and add your serial after the install finishes through nero startsmart.

You might have to unhide folders, and search for any nero related folders and delete them if your problem persists.

If you had a working legit serial number for Nero, it will usually go through the update unless you're trying to update to Nero 7 somehow. You can maybe send an e-mail to their technical support unless you have a problem with that? Also you can try downloading a Registry cleaner and try to find anything that has to do with Nero and wipe it off. Another thing is type your serial number in the find menu in the Registry and see if something comes up (in some cases).

Guest Lord Sauron

If you are trying to upgrade to Nero 7, heres my advice.... Dont..

Nero 7 is fine for data, etc, but just try to burn a CD Audio disc from MP3's Its totally screwed (and yes I have tried all the different builds and the DLL hack)

You will get skips in the audio that arent there in the original MP3's, you will sometimes get 2-3 mins of silence inserted at the end of tracks.

Ahead arent any help at all, and its a well known problem..

Stick with Nero 6. its nowhere near as bloated as 7 thats for sure