I think i has the worse opty 170 ever

icywater

After reading a lot about opty CPU, i decided to buy opty 170

CCBWE 0551 UPMW, I need 1.6v to get 2600MHz, It has a very weak core 0.

There lot of opty 165 with the same step can do a lot higher with lower volt.

Is there any to improve my overclocking.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im afraid that 0551UPMW is one of the steppings that OCers avoid. 0550UPMW is hit and miss, but 0550VPMW is good.

I seem to have no luck on my side, just as the same as my x800 pro vivo, lot of people unlock to be come 16 pipes, My have to have a death pipes.

Anyway i pop of the IHS and gain 100MHz on the same 1.6v. Dual prime stable for 10 hours. With the IHS i can't even prime stable at 2700MHz with 1.75v for 10 mins.

I am a little bit happier now. Any way what is the maxium volt can the opty take?

um i would really recommed u to never go to 1.75volts thats just asking for a disaster

Is it because it because of the temperature, or the volt to high and 90nm process CPU can't take it?

Even at 1.75 volt my CPU never go over 45 degrees, that is

the temp given by sensor + 10 <= 45 degrees

Guest striker

i have a 0551 and it will only do 2.55 prime stable, at any voltage.

Is it because it because of the temperature, or the volt to high and 90nm process CPU can't take it?

Both really, its up to you. :)

I took mine up to 1.75 and could get better than 3.1, but its too much for my PSU to handle with the rest of my rig....plus I don't really want to risk burning it.

Personally...I'd keep it under 1.7 even with decent watercooling, regardless of temps.

It really depends on your upgrade cycle. If you upgrade every 6 months to every year. Then you probably alright with 1.7v. Its still risky though. If you expect to keep this rig past that , try to keep it under 1.6V.

If I it were me I would keep it at 2600mhz and lower volts. You wont have to worry about burining your chip out and you still have an fx-60. Glad to hear you took the IHS off. I had to take mine off too. The stepping I got is a lousy one also.