Expert + 4Gig Of RAM????

Hi guys,

I would like to know if I can use 4 gig of ram but they are both 2gig of dual but different company makers? I have 2 gig of OCZ and 2 gig of G-sKill can I use all 4 slots?

Thanks,

Hi guys,

I would like to know if I can use 4 gig of ram but they are both 2gig of dual but different company makers? I have 2 gig of OCZ and 2 gig of G-sKill can I use all 4 slots?

Thanks,

In theory, it should work. In practice, you might have to have lot of skill and some luck as well... If you are really, really lucky, you might even get them to work with CPC=1T.

Guest Retratserif
I only recongnizes about 3GB of memory.

Well its will show you that you have 3.25GB.

The system use at work, the PC I am using atm is only showing 3.25 though it has 4 GB in it. It may also require a divider.

Well its will show you that you have 3.25GB.

The system use at work, the PC I am using atm is only showing 3.25 though it has 4 GB in it. It may also require a divider.

It has nothing to do with dividers...it has to do with the ability of windows xp 32bit to address more than 3.25gb of memory....only 64bit OSes can use 4gbs or more...

So what you guys are saying is that my Xp Pro wont see 4gigs, what if I use 2sticks+1=3gigs will that work? Or I have to wait to get x64 and what if I am OC my system how will that affect it?

Thanks,

So what you guys are saying is that my Xp Pro wont see 4gigs, what if I use 2sticks+1=3gigs will that work? Or I have to wait to get x64 and what if I am OC my system how will that affect it?

Thanks,

You can still use 32-bit, you just won't be able to use it all. If you want only three gigs you'll definitely want to get a 2x512 kit...but I wouldn't recommend that since the timings are gonna be vastly different for 512 and 1GB sticks.

If you really want more (and unless you're doing a lot of video editing you don't need it) then get a 2x1GB kit. Same brand / model would be best, but be aware you probably won't be able to overclock it all that easily, if at all.