where did the official bios go??

If you flashed without issue then carry on just as you were. There have been some that had flashing issue and bios is being looked at.

RGone...

I flash to the new official bios (4-6-2006) yesterday and now when I goto dfi's site its gone.. Whats going on?? now I am thinking to go back to (12-7-2005)

If you flashed without issue then carry on just as you were. There have been some that had flashing issue and bios is being looked at.

RGone...

RGone,

Just to let you know, I flashed my Venus to the 4-06-06 bios yesterday, I set up raids, reinstalled Windows and everything else, and it looks good.

The NF4ED406.zip for the Sli-Dr, seems to be the one causing all the trouble. It's certainly understandable they pulled all of them to take a look though.

While I was installing Windows, I had a couple of screwup's and had to hard boot, and it started right back up without having to hit the psu rocker. When I first got the Venus, it didn't appear to have the cold boot problem, but after about 10 days it started happening. So, it's hard to say, but as of right now, with this bios, no cold boot.

I backed my oc off to take a look for a while, and because summer heat's on the way.

This bios is the tightest I've seen as far as voltages. I set dram voltage at 2.8v and it reports 2.8v, same with vcore. Everything reads much closer to what it's set at. That's cool.

I'll have to try the cpu temp offset, but it's basically just a guess how far it's off. My cpu idles in bios at 23 to 24 degrees, so I figure maybe off by 8 degrees.

I was sweating it when I flashed my Venus to this new bios after what it did to my sli-dr, but it's all good.

Edit: I read that this bios fixed the S1 & S3 suspend issues that have allways been a problem with these DFI NF4 boards. Yes, indeed. It now resumes with a mouse click or a keystroke and comes back up with the correct cpu temps, just like it's supposed to. Nice.