Need help Cant detect Raptor to format

Have just upgraded my DFi lanparty SLI-DR to the new expert Model

Previously had my two WD raptors in Raid 0 (2x74) and my two maxtors in raid 0 (2x250)

Had my OS on my raptors C drive and used the Maxtors for storage D drive

Had no problems formatting and installing.

Now new board big problems.

the NF4 raid will see my hard drives (raptors) in the NV bios can set my raid set no problems.

start my install (my raptors are on Sata 1 and Sata 2 maxtors are on Sata 3 and 4)

asks for raid driver F6 (newest driver from DFI) no probs then when windows is restarting it sits for ages (sometimes freezes here) then when I go to Install Windows it says it cannot see any hard drives so needs to restart so when I go back in the Bios they are still there.

I have installed windows several times on the Silicon Image 3114 Raid (raptors on Sata 5 and 6) no problems but cannot see or access my D drive (Maxtors) to retrieve my 400 gig of stuff really dont want to loose this! lol

I dont have my old Mobo now so cant go back the way.

Really hating this as the board is looking minted

P.s. have tried removing the jumpers on the Raptors as I read somewhere this might help.

The Bios is Dec 06 one form DFI web

Hi,

this is a "known" problem with Raid-drivers... I would say slipstream them via nLite. I have seen a guide somewhere here on dfi-street.

You can send a pm to Fernando, he is well trained with nLite (Ithink he wrote the guide).

Good luck!

Gipse

I made an Xp disk with nLite to included the Nf4 raid drivers on the cd as explained in the guide just tried to format again and watched the new drivers loading off xp cd but it still freezes at Windows set up....

Set up is starting windows......

Why oh why as the both worked fine with old SLI-DR mobo

this must be a mobo bios issue or have I got a u/s NF4 chip

Please help

I have been at this for 2 day solid now :confused:

Hmmm... I had similar prob, setup freezing.. and was due to having the memory in the wrong slots... No probs with my raptor and drivers, but it would just hang on the blue screen at the start of setup....

If your memory happens to be in the yellow slots.. then I suggest you try the orange.. as soon as I swapped to them, setup went ahead fine!!!

There is a lot of info on which slots to use, but generally with dual channel, I believe the orange are the ones to use... this cured my problem straight away!!

My memory is the orange slots.I have already managed to format several times on the silicon image SI3114 chip with my raptors on raid 0 no problems.

VERY Frustrating.

I had the EXACT same problem as you...I could setup RAID0 on the Silicone and install windows, but not on the NF4.

Turns out the RAID driver disk that comes with the Expert is botched, I think it has something to do with a line missing in the oemsetup.inf or something.

Anywho... Download the drivers from the DFI site and create a new disk...or even just use the drivers off the CD that came with the motherboard to create a new RAID driver diskette and try it again on the NF4.

I tried to format my 160 maxtor(sata I) still no joy doesnt detect when i dont install f6 driver ( single drive should not need it) and when I do install the F6 driver it freezes on the windows is starting up screen.

Also i have formatted on the silicon raid using the 2 raptors in raid 0 but no i see the nforce ide controller is not updating with the drivers disc.

Is this a faulty nf4 chip?

Getting ready to RMA this board to Aria.!!!

only 3 days old!

• 2 weeks later...

:)

Just recieved my rma'ed mobo back from Aria

It seems that there was a corrupt Nvidia Nf4 bios and was unable to correct with a bios flash.

Anyway the board is up and running

2x74gb raptors in Raid 0 and my 2x250 sata II in Raid 0

both on Nf4 Raid plus i never lost any of my data on the 2x250 raid set.

Very Happy now.