2 gig of ram at ddr 400 confused?

Hi all. First of all I have searched and have not found answer.

I have the DFI nf4 UT mobo and currently have 2 x 512 ddr400 crucial sticks of memory I got another 512 but wont boot I now know why.

I need 2 gig but want it at ddr 400. In the manual it states I need all 4 slots to have single sided ram to keep at dual ddr 400. Now will 4 double sided sticks lock my memory at ddr 333 or can I over ride it. If I cant over ride the ddr 300 limitation what memory would I be best to get?

Two 1 gig sticks in kit would be best solution. 4 sticks of 512 causes a lot of heartburn. Many have met the problem and survived while others have not. The boards do not like 4 sticksbut that is not always true so if you want to try, good luck.

There has been mention that your stcks have to be paired so that you have either 2 in orange or 2 in red slots. a single in either red or yellow and you may not be able to boot. The only reccomendation for a single stick is out orange slot on initial start up.

Define your equipment in sig a little. There are 4 or 5 boards that could be defined as DFI Lan NF4 UT such as Ultra-d, SLI-dr, Expert and Venus.

Hello,

With the older Winchester CPU core 4xDoubled sided = DDR333 @2T.

All new cores will run 4xDouble sided at DDR400 but 2T.

All you need to do is specify the FSB:DRAM ratio in the BIOS to 1:1 but as already mentioned, 2x1GB will be the better solution.

# Mushkin REDLINE XP4000 2x1GB kit

## OCZ EB Platinum PC4000 2x1GB kit

# Or any other 2x1GB kit with Samsung UCCC chips.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24719

Ok the mobo is Lanparty UT nf4 Ultra-D I have the xp 3700+ set at 2.8 gig with the following settings.

FSB = 255

LDT/FSB Ratio x3.0

vcore @ 1.450v

DRam freq set = 180 (dram/fsb: 9/10)

So I got the oc by only pushing the ram +15mhz.

So looks like a 2 gig kit? but does that mean il have to just to 4 gig should I want more memory to keep running at ddr400 as well as the memory being single sided.

but does that mean il have to just to 4 gig should I want more memory to keep running at ddr400 as well as the memory being single sided./QUOTE]

I dont quite understand what you are saying but,

All 1GB sticks are going to be double sided and the CPU will be able to run 4x1GB @DDR400 @2T should you wish to upgrade.

but does that mean il have to just to 4 gig should I want more memory to keep running at ddr400 as well as the memory being single sided./QUOTE]

I dont quite understand what you are saying but' date='

All 1GB sticks are going to be double sided and the CPU will be able to run 4x1GB @DDR400 @2T should you wish to upgrade.[/quote']

According to the manual see page below I cant run 4 double sided ram on all 4 slots as it will reduce it to DDR333. Not sure weather than means lock it of just tempory clock it down till I clock it back up. If I can just clock it back up then surly I can use my excisting 2 x 512 and another 2 x 512 sticks to get my 2 gig.

ddr2ou.jpg

Well get after it then since you are sure you can. You have been given excellent advice to stay away from 4 sticks to get only 2gigs and told that 2x1gig is far easier and actually quicker, but you need not heed that advice. Rokkon how you wish.

RGone...

According to the manual see page below I cant run 4 double sided ram on all 4 slots as it will reduce it to DDR333. Not sure weather than means lock it of just tempory clock it down till I clock it back up. If I can just clock it back up then surly I can use my excisting 2 x 512 and another 2 x 512 sticks to get my 2 gig.

ddr2ou.jpg

Well get after it then since you are sure you can. You have been given excellent advice to stay away from 4 sticks to get only 2gigs and told that 2x1gig is far easier and actually quicker' date=' but you need not heed that advice. Rokkon how you wish.

RGone...

I agree helpfull advice and withmuch thanks. All I want to know however is weather this auto underclock with 4 sticks of double sided ram is locked to 333mhz underclocked and if its posible to clock it back up? If I didnt already have a 1 gig kit of 2 x512 sticks then getting 2gig kit wouldnt be a problem.

and, as stated before, running with four sticks could lead to trouble.

i have four sticks of real good 512 meg TCCD, PC4800 stuffs, getting it to run in my DFI, all of it at the same time just makes for unhappy things happening.

now, if you are running totally stock, not pressuring anything, you may have a slightly better chance of running 4 sticks..

sounds like you plan on getting the 512's anyway, report back, it would interesting to know if you got them to work and what settings you used to do it.

baldy

and, as stated before, running with four sticks could lead to trouble.

i have four sticks of real good 512 meg TCCD, PC4800 stuffs, getting it to run in my DFI, all of it at the same time just makes for unhappy things happening.

now, if you are running totally stock, not pressuring anything, you may have a slightly better chance of running 4 sticks..

sounds like you plan on getting the 512's anyway, report back, it would interesting to know if you got them to work and what settings you used to do it.

baldy

I decided to go for the 2 gig kit option. I want my pc to run as fast as it can being I spent so much money on it already and want GRAW to run well.

This is the memory I got.

REVIEW HERE