re: phase change kits

Supercharged

what's the diff ?

Mach 2 ST

and

Mach 2 ?

another thing is, VapoChill XE costs the same as a LS?

the XE consists of what ? a casing and a phase change unit in 1 ?

pls enlighten me.

As far as I can tell the XE and LS use the same compressor, evap block, condensor, ie...they are the same thing. The difference is that the LS can be mated with any case, most get mated with Lian Li's just becasue they look good (they are styled strongly similer), where as the XE packs everything into asetek's own case. So the XE is a case with a phase change unit in it and the LS is a stand alone unit, you will need your own case with the LS.

The other two Mach II and I only saw a Mach II GT no ST, there could be a ST I'll look in a sec. For now I will type like you ment GT. Like the LS both versions will need thier own cases to mate with; the difference is in the refrigerents the GT uses R404a and the regular Mach II uses R134a. R134a (tetrafluoroethane) is the standard used refrigerent, think cars, some houses, refrigerators, etc..., it cools to about -45C unloaded and -20C with a heavy heat load (200watts of heat). R404a (pentafluoroethane/trifluoroethane/tetrafluoroethane...44:52:4% mix) is used in the GT version. This is the perfured refrigerant of many OCers building home systems, but you need a licence to get it. It will cool to -65 unloaded and -35 loaded with a 200watt load. These temps are form thier web site and judging by the properties of these refrigerants they are very close to what you should expect to see.

I looked around the the ST is pretty much the regular Mach II maybe just a little cheaper. It still uses R134a I believe, and all the units use NF11F Danfoss compressors (all including the Vapochill units as well), and all (vapochill and the Mach serise respectivlly) use the same exaporator block.

So the difference between the Vapochill XE and LS is that the LS needs a case and the XE is a case with a LS unit inside. The difference in the Mach series is the refrigerents used.

As far as I can tell the XE and LS use the same compressor, evap block, condensor, ie...they are the same thing. The difference is that the LS can be mated with any case, most get mated with Lian Li's just becasue they look good (they are styled strongly similer), where as the XE packs everything into asetek's own case. So the XE is a case with a phase change unit in it and the LS is a stand alone unit, you will need your own case with the LS.

The other two Mach II and I only saw a Mach II GT no ST, there could be a ST I'll look in a sec. For now I will type like you ment GT. Like the LS both versions will need thier own cases to mate with; the difference is in the refrigerents the GT uses R404a and the regular Mach II uses R134a. R134a (tetrafluoroethane) is the standard used refrigerent, think cars, some houses, refrigerators, etc..., it cools to about -45C unloaded and -20C with a heavy heat load (200watts of heat). R404a (pentafluoroethane/trifluoroethane/tetrafluoroethane...44:52:4% mix) is used in the GT version. This is the perfured refrigerant of many OCers building home systems, but you need a licence to get it. It will cool to -65 unloaded and -35 loaded with a 200watt load. These temps are form thier web site and judging by the properties of these refrigerants they are very close to what you should expect to see.

I looked around the the ST is pretty much the regular Mach II maybe just a little cheaper. It still uses R134a I believe, and all the units use NF11F Danfoss compressors (all including the Vapochill units as well), and all (vapochill and the Mach serise respectivlly) use the same exaporator block.

So the difference between the Vapochill XE and LS is that the LS needs a case and the XE is a case with a LS unit inside. The difference in the Mach series is the refrigerents used.

gracias!

i already have a CM5 casing so LS is for me.

thanks for the explanation on the GT and nonGT. 1 webbie said it was ST ?