PC4800 - OCZ6001024ELDCPE-K Blue Screen Of Death

KIMI

Hi everyone

I have a problem with my system recently. I don't know what happen to the system keep restart everytime less than 30 minutes with BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. Since, I have this system it just keep give me a problem. As I not very good on it.

Can anyone help me to setup a stable system without overclocking. From there, only I can learn how to built a stable system. Than, only go for overclock to see the actual performance.

FYI, when I insert one dimms into orange slots with default setting is not working with BSOD. Also, I try to run Memtest86+ v1.55 on each dimm's. one off show 11 errors on test 8 after 1 hour running. One off show error on test 5. Can i assume dimm defect ? why it can defects ?

What is going wrong with the dimms? motherboard problem or ???

Please advise.

Try using the Optimized Default Settings in your Bios. Then adjust your memory timings and voltage. Also disabled components that you don't need and set up your Chipset Drivers 6.70 with only SM-BUS, and Ethernet installed and no other. Also try the lastest nvidia drivers which i believe is 84.21 for the moment. See if that helps and also check for temps, i hope your case is well ventilated. :)

I have a pair of OCZ EL PC-4800 600MHz Enhanced Latency Platinum Edition running on a DFI LanParty UT SLI-DR Export board. Tested to 650MHz @ 3-4-4-10-2T on my Asus Intel board. However on my DFI board here are my results.

With my AMD X2 3800 set to a stable 10x275FSB = 2.75GHz.

Unable to run memory at 200FSB divider no matter what BIOS settings used. (@ 1:1, 2x275MHz=550Mhz DDR)

Able to run memory at 180FSB divider within specified BIOS settings, but get random shutdowns every 5 to 20 minutes. (@ 9:10 2x275MHz= 495MHz DDR)

Able tro run memory at 166MHz divider within specified BIOS settings stable. (@ 5:6 2x275Mhz = 460Mhz DDR)

I believe that the DFI BIOS's "odd divisor correct" feature that rounds the memory divider up to the nearest non-odd whole number is the cause. In fact I think many of the issues with the Expert board are due to the DFI BIOS non-standard memory tables.

I also noted my SiSoft memory scores were too good for 166MHz & 180MHz settings, 6100 & 6500 respectively. These are scores one should get at 180MHz and 200MHz respectively. So something funky is definitely with the DFI BIOS on the Expert boards.

Vist this link for more details:

http://forum.overclockersonline.com/index....7fbd5#msg_70339

I believe that the DFI BIOS's "odd divisor correct" feature that rounds the memory divider up to the nearest non-odd whole number is the cause?

How does one say politely but plainly; bull shett and crap? There is not a d*mn thing ODC can do unless you personally are running a beta bios with that feature in it and available for ENABLE. If you do not have a beta bios flashed to your board WITH that feature where you can turn it ON then it is not a function that works. It has to be enabled in a cpu register and it is DISABLED in all bios until just the last few weeks when OczTony had board engineer Oskar Wu make us a beta bios with the ability TO ENABLE the register to allow ODC. So don't start no d*mn rumor about something that just came into your head to talk about.

RGone...

PS: that ain't his problem. His problem is he is not skilled in how to setup a bios to run that speed memory since I run 300FSB with Ocz 4800 Platinum Edition or the Elite Edition all the time on Ultra-D, SLi-D, SLi-DR, Expert, Venus and the RDX-200 boards. RGone...Again...

I have a pair of OCZ EL PC-4800 600MHz Enhanced Latency Platinum Edition running on a DFI LanParty UT SLI-DR Export board. Tested to 650MHz @ 3-4-4-10-2T on my Asus Intel board. However on my DFI board here are my results.

With my AMD X2 3800 set to a stable 10x275FSB = 2.75GHz.

Unable to run memory at 200FSB divider no matter what BIOS settings used. (@ 1:1, 2x275MHz=550Mhz DDR)

Able to run memory at 180FSB divider within specified BIOS settings, but get random shutdowns every 5 to 20 minutes. (@ 9:10 2x275MHz= 495MHz DDR)

Able tro run memory at 166MHz divider within specified BIOS settings stable. (@ 5:6 2x275Mhz = 460Mhz DDR)

I believe that the DFI BIOS's "odd divisor correct" feature that rounds the memory divider up to the nearest non-odd whole number is the cause. In fact I think many of the issues with the Expert board are due to the DFI BIOS non-standard memory tables.

I also noted my SiSoft memory scores were too good for 166MHz & 180MHz settings, 6100 & 6500 respectively. These are scores one should get at 180MHz and 200MHz respectively. So something funky is definitely with the DFI BIOS on the Expert boards.

Vist this link for more details:

http://forum.overclockersonline.com/index....7fbd5#msg_70339

Hello RGone,

No ., I can't run 1:1 with my OCZ PC4800. No rumour, I spoke to OCZ tech support and they so no one to date has sucessfully run PC4800 @ 600MHz on the DFI LanParty SLI-DR Expert board period and they don't know why it won't work.

I've tried both the Beta BIOS and the Non-Beta BIOS same results. I'm not a complete newbie and know what the BIOS settings do. I have run the loosest timings and every variation of tRef and DRAM strength to no avail.

Maybe I'm wrong about the cause, however I can't find any other cause.

If you have sucessfully run your PC4800 at 1:1 600MHz you must know something that even OCZ techs don't. Please share how you achieved 1:1 600MHz.

Thanx (:-þ)

P.S. Happy Easter Everyone

There is one truth and it is harder on the Expert for some to run the 300 * x but it is doable. The ODC setting does absolutely 'nothing' if you are not using an odd multiplier. The naming convention AMD gave to the setting is a little mis-leading for sure. OczTony and RyderOcz did a good job of explaining how ODC works over in an Xs forum thread. But the truth is ODC would in certain circumstances make it look as if you had succeeded when you did not actually run 300FSB so it would be a bonus/help and not any sort of hindrance as you hint ODC would be. At least that is how I 'hear' what you said. I have mis-heard before.

I am on the CFX3200 beating the h*ll out of the board I was sent and don't have time to revisit the Expert right now but I was testing an Expert about 5 nites ago to send to a buddy of mine with his two Gskil TCCx's and was passing test #5 and #8 clean at 308x9 on a weak@ss 3800+ dual core I have. So that would be really prime stable in windows at least to 298FSB or so with his Gskil TCCx so I know as good as some of the PC4800 TCCx Ocz has; the same would be possible for me on that Expert with good TCCx and the timings I was using. Given the time in the next week or so and I do not forget I will plug the Expert back up to my raid 0 and run it up again with my good cpu and write down my timings.

RGone...