New Mobo Install, XP boot problems

Well, sounds like a few things I actually DIDNT try, but alas, I ve already sent mine off to newegg for an rma, so once the new one gets here, if I still have the same problems, I ll try your ideas. Thanks!

Just noticed, I ve been upgraded to DFI Soldier! Is this because of all of the crap I ve gone through with this board and am still persistant abotu sticking with DFI? Either way, awesome!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to everyone that had all the suggestions I thank you. I got the new board in today. Things didnt exactly go smoothly, but, I AM posting from my computer with the dfi board and everything seems to be running smoothly(fingers crossed it will hold). I wasnt able to use my original wd caviar 60g, had to go with an old wd 40g I had laying around, this specific board for some reason jus does not like this HD! So, anyways, I switched hard drives and did a fresh windows install, and all was well, then I put everything thing back to gether in the case, hit the power button... nothing. Remembered that the only thing that I had changed was the actual cable the ran from the mobo to the HDD's. It was an old ribbon cable, and I am now using the ugly yellow one that came with the mobo, oh well, everything is running, so who cares. Anyways, thank you again everyone. Now I jsut cant wait to start tweaking things in the bios!!!!!

Update: Everything is running great, have now got my 2.0 up to 2.6 with 1.45v with load temps at 32! Same settings as previous board at 2.5/1.4v , temps were more like 40 under load, and I ve got no case fans running right now, just the cpu cooler fan at 75%. Weird, but I m definitly not complaining. I m shooting for 2.8 but we'll jsut have to wait and see. Thanks again everyone, I m already so glad I soldiered on and stayed persistant.