New Mobo Install, XP boot problems

Alright, new DFI user here, coming from an Asrock Dual Sata 2. Installed the board, posted, but will not load windows. I ve tried formatting the hd,nothing will work, even after formating and setup, it will reboot like normal, then after post, everytime, it says"unable to load operating system". Cannot for the life of me figure it out, I ve tried everything I know, pleeeease help! I m very excited about this board after browsing through the bios, now I just want to be able to use it!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. I m trying to, but after evertime that I try to, after the first part of windows installation, where it formats, and then copies the setup files, it reboots the computer, which is normal, but after that, once it gets past the self check its says unable to load OS

yeah sorry, its an x2 manchester, gotta fix that

are you getting any messages durring the copy procces that says unable to copy file x.x?

i have troubles all the time with win xp from bad disks. ive had three seperate versions and i almost never get a smooth install. also see if your board is set to stock settings in the bios.

load low performance delaults. what bios are you using? check out the bios flasher at the bottom of my sig. a different bios might help. i sugest the bios im using. it one of....if not....the best. disable you onboard audio and urn off as many settings as you can from your bios. something there might be cuasing an error in booting.

also make sure you have your IDE raid controler removed. dont use it if your not using IDE raid. it causes the system to crash onn bootup. its a known issue.

well,first off the bios is 5/20/05. I haven't seen Any unable to copy messages. Everything goes smooth until the reboot, and then thats when it says unable to load os. I dont think its a windows disk problem, I ve used it many times before on many diferent computers, and this is the first time I ve had a problem. I ll try seting all of the bios stuff like you said, but all I ve changed is the fan setings and set the memory to a 1/1 divider to match the cpu for now. It runs at 250 stock, but I put it at 200 for now to match the cpu until I get everything set and start ocing. Will update, THANK YOU for the reply.

With the ide raid controller, do you mean hardware? I not running the drives in raid, the 60gb is for the os only, and the 320 is for everything else. If you dont mean hw, can diable the raid function in bios? I m trying another full format, deleted the partition, and doing full format, so if it goes through the motions and still shows the unable to load os, then i will try the bios setings and stuff.

alright, did full format and same results. set everything back to default, made sure there weren't any raid controllers enable, disabled audio. Same problem, still getting past windows setup, then showing unable to load os. I ve also tried using a diferent xp disk, to no avail. Does anyone have any other ideas? I m ready to give up on this board and go back to my asrock.

MS=Microsoft just stating that many find it better to use the Windows drivers instead of the nvidia. And best not to install NV firewall or network contr. I bet your memory won't pass memtest but hope so.