Question about Vcore on the DFI?

When they say that 1.6V is that max on air for these Opterons, do them mean 1.6V set, or 1.6V showing in BIOS (in blue)? Example, currently I am testing 3000Mhz SuperPI 32M with 1.525V Inputed in BIOS, but only 1.48V is actually read in BIOS (1.46V in MBM5). Which one is the actual one, or the one I should follow, the SET one in BIOS, or the one that is SHOWN in BIOS? Thanks.

The DFI Nforce4 boards are known to undervolt a tad, and to the same levels that you are experiencing.

This is good however, a board which undervolts rather than overvolts is welcomed by me, for instance 1.45v*110% should give 1.59v but my board undervolts this to 1.53 roughly which is what my opteron takes for 3.0ghz stable.

So the reading in MBM/CPU-z is more correct than the bios.

Apparently using the Special VID multipliers give more accurate voltage.

So the reading in MBM/CPU-z is more correct than the bios.

I actually dont trust the readings I get in CPU-Z or MBM. I just go by what I actually set it at instead of what the sensors are reading. Quite a handful of people have done tests with a digital multimeter and the results have been that the voltage you set is correct (not the voltage shown by the sensors), you can check for yourself with a digital multimeter to be sure :)

Even the Voltage that is shown in BIOS by the sensors?? (in blue writing)

Not a good idea to go by any sensor. Always assume that the voltage you set is what you're getting, unless you have a decent multimeter handy and know where to check it.

Guest burningrave101

I wouldn't advice 1.6V on an 90nm Opteron. These are low vCore chips so i'd stay at 1.55V or under with aircooling even if your temps dont look that high. I dont think the temp sensors on these boards are very accurate to begin with, especially on the Expert board i have.

Thanks guys. I would not use 1.6V 24/7, just doing some testing. I'm on my first part of Testing using Super Pi 32M, then I will move on to OCCT and SP2004. So far I found the max on it, 3070MHz @ 1.61V 32M stable. I tried to bump it to 1.65V, but it just would not go any further.

P.S I would never run that for day to day as Load Temps hit 53C at times with an ambient of 31C