To Redline or Not???

Guest Upok_merged

Sig below, running an expert. I'm getting rid of the 4x512 ocz plat and going to 2x1gb. I thought I had decided on the Mushkin Redline, but now I see that the new redline is quite different than the old. Seems to be a lot of controversy about the switch to Infenion. Any recommendations? Debating between the redline, some g. skill hz series or ocz plat pc4000. What do you guys(and gals) think?

Depends on it you really really want an extra 5-10 mhz over the extreme performance Mushkin. No real reason to get them as far as I'm concerned, just get some decent PC4000 sticks for $200 or less.

TCCD rules

:confused:

on topic

i had some ocz EB PL...the infineon i guess....and they were fine...very fast....but the max 3d stable was around 269.....

from what i have read the redlines will be similar...cause its not uccc anymore

;)

Debating between the redline, some g. skill hz series or ocz plat pc4000. What do you guys(and gals) think?

Considering this myself... eliminated the HZ though. A mate has some and they're not bad for the money but won't push past 265 at 3-4-4-8, which is a shame. Someone I know had bad experiences with the OCZ so I'm not so sure about those either.

Well, as far as ocz goes, I have had nothing but success with the 512 plat rev. 2. Right now I'm running 4x512 at 2-2-2-5 1T at stock speed. Overclocking 4 is just NOT fun. But a 1GB setup, 2x512, with these sticks and I can run up to 270 stable, and boot at 290 at 3-4-4-8. I may have even been able to get them stable up there, but 2gigs at a good speed is better for FEAR than 1gig very fast.

So, any other suggestions as to which memory is your favorite for the expert?

Redline has just arrived :)

I don't have a lot of time for overclocking at the moment, but they're chugging along fine at 2-3-2-5 @ 200MHz with 2.7 volts. A waste of their potential perhaps, but they'll be getting a workout soon enough ;)