Cpc

mrtell

I have read that memory placed in slot 2 and 4 are locked at 1T ( no need to set at 1T ).

Is this correct?

Also would it be better to set at 2T just to get higher clock at synchronous with cpu?

I also read that it is better to run at 1T but with dividers and push cpu as high as possible.

And one last question,

Whan i had my none DFI board the PCI / AGP was locked so it would not raise at the same time as the FSB, Is the same locked on the DFI boards?

thanks

I don't think it would matter which memory slot you use, either of the four you'll need to adjust the CPC anyway. Unless at default it is set to Enable (1T). In most cases it would help you raise your HTT for higher overclocks when setting your CPC to 2T which doesn't do much in games and applications, but only in the benchmarking world. Yes, for all DFI board when you overclock your processor by raising the HTT(FSB) your PCI-E, PCI, and other components stay the same. Besides there is an adjuster for your PCI-E which is set at a default of 100MHz which you shouldn't change in any case.

Now for your memory if you have the PC4000 kit you shouldn't need to adjust the CPC timing at all. It should easily overclock to 260MHz without any timings tweaks, but only set to Optimized Default Settings in the bios and changing the HTT(FSB) for your cpu and voltages. I hope this helps....

So, set to Optimized Defaults, leave everything else, and just raise Front Side Bus.

I have a 9X opteron that will clock to at least 2.7 which means going to 300 FSB, my memory which is PC 4000 wont go that high so I will have to use dividers, is it better to go as close to the max of my memory with dividers if you know what I mean?

Oh, and thanks.

Yeah, dont be affraid to run a divider. You will see no real-world performance loss from it. Work your HTT up to 300 and use a 180 or 166 divider and you should be able to achieve your goal. Just remember, once you hit the 2.4ghz mark, you will running past a x2 4800+. If you get beyond that, then thats awesome.