SATA DVD Burner for my ULTRA - D + ?? JING TING??

Hi guys,

another round of upgrades :)

I was wondering whether the below drive is compatible with my mobo.

PLEXTOR PX-716SA/SW

newegg link

It has a SATA interface. I got this doubt since our mobo is not listed in their website and I read elsewhere that this drive has compatibility issues with NF4 SATA Contorller.

Could somebody please enlighten me on this? I'm pretty much bent on buying this because I now have two SATA II HDDs and already junked my 40GB IDE HDD. The only thing right now on my comp with a IDE flat cable is my Optical Drive.

Pretty pissed with the onboard chipset cooler. No use of a silent 12cm fan or nv silencer since this piece of c**p whines like a mixer grinder and the chipset tems at ~54 degrees C.

Can this JingTing be bought in Thailand?? Please give me some info since their site is in :confused: language....

NEC 3550A DVD-RW = $40 @ newegg, I have 5 of them in the lab, they are flawless, quiet, and very compatible, and always cheaper than the Plextors

forget an optical drive with a sata interface...too many potential problems

as for chipset cooler replacement...either check hte tutorials section on how to remove your chipset cooler and re-apply thermal material, or get an Evercool VC-RE to replace it.