BIOS Flash procedure questions

Hi all,

I'm curious as to how to correctly flash a DFI BIOS. My BIOS is 623-1, and on the DFI site I noticed that 623-3 fixes a dual core performance problem, which directly affects me (see signature).

I've read the 'how-to' on the DFI site but found it to be a bit obscure.

I'll put the questions down in point form :)

1) Should I set my OC settings to stock? I'm comfortable with overclocking but I've never used a DFI board before this and I'm keen to know if there's anything I should... you know, know.

2) I'm running BH-5 @ 3.26v. Does this matter when flashing? Should I set the jumpers back to 1-2 and then reset the CMOS?

3) I've heard certain rumours of an Opteron-killing DFI BIOS floating around. Is the 623-3 BIOS... bad for my CPU in any way? I don't know if there's any truth to it (it is a rumour and not documented fact) but I'd like to be 100% certain that my irreplaceable CPU is going to be fine.

Thanks for the reply in advance :)

Flash the bios at a Stock Stable setting. Use whatever timings and volts necessary. I do put the 5 volt jumper back in the normal position before a flash. After the flash don't F1 out. Shut the rig down and clear CMOS for 5-10 minutes. Boot and load optimised defaults, save and exit. When it reboots tailor the settings to your likings. 623-3 has no issues with any CPU.