Ram LED behaving weird - no boot.

I am testing out a SLI-D board. The no boot symptons are:

1. RAM LED not on when there is power plugged in. Bottom LED is on.

2. When i power on the 4 diagnostic red lights flashes and then the RAM LED switches on - and is really bright.

There seem to be a short somewhere but I am no expert on this issue. I tried a Sliverstone 600W Strider and a FSP Epsilon 600W, both comfirmed working with no known issues. Also I tried 6 different RAM modules in all the slots. RAM/USB voltage jumpers are on default.

I have heard issues with Seasonic PSUs which activates the power safety toggle for the USB. Is this a related issue even though I am not using a Seasonic PSU?

Please advice, anything, anyone. Cheers.

Are you following the build guide?

Was the rig working fine before and this happened suddenly?

If you have the mobo in the case i suggest you take it out and disconnect the front panel connectors with the case and try switching with the EZ switch..

What do you mean by 'build guide'?

Well the board was 'working fine' from the previous owner. It is out of the case and the EZ switch is used. CMOS is cleared and all jumpers are set back to default. I tested the board just on a piece of bubble wrap on a timber table.

One more thing I wish to highlight is that the board came with the jumpers set to 3.2-4V and it failed to boot. Then I switched it down to the default setting. Wonder if it might be related?