Need A Walkthrough

This pc is alot harder to hook up than my other one and all the manuals it came with dont help alot. Sofar I have the mobo, the ram, and the cpu and the heatsink all in and the cd and hdd hooked up but thats about it. I got mainly just the fans 3 pin things hooked up and the main PSU cable and the 4 pin one beside it. Also I have all but 2 front panel wires hooked up but theres 2 left, one is micro atx and the other is a stray wire to hook down there that comes from the back by the door case. And I have no idea how to hook up the stuff coming from the top of the case. >.< This is way beyond my own capabilities. Plugging wires in is not my strongpoint. And figuring out the right way to get all the fans plugged in together.

I am totally lost, if someone has the DFI mobo ad the Tsunami case can you help me? I need it alot. Or even if you dont im sure all of you guys would know.

I am no fan of TT cases. That said on their webpage is a guide that I have used before. just got a screenie of TT mainpage being hacked, wow. Anyway I googled "thermaltake wiring guide"

See if these links dont answer your questions.

main faq link

http://www.thermaltake.com/2005/support/faq.htm

Specific harcano hookup guide

http://www.thermaltake.com/2005/support/in...sers/damier.htm

middle of the page also has some hardcano stuff.

http://www.thermaltake.com/2005/support/faq.htm#q11

EDIT ah a tsunami and the frontpanel stuff. O h, I just leave it unhooked, but you can probably find some documentation on the TT site or this one.

try tsunami frontpanel wiring (or similar combo) Personally, I just bundled and shoved them out of the way in my tt case.

gah why cant they have the tsunami case. This is sad, i guess ill have to take it in somewhere just to have them hook it up because its totally different from my other case and mobo and theres no manuals at all. I still dont understand how to get all the fans hooked up, not the small 3 pin ones. And theres like 50 different wires to hook up from the case and the psu I dont know what they do.

ok i looked off my other pc and tried to do the same thing, i think i got most of it but im not sure. Everything is hooked up except the Power SW and Micro SW wires from the case for the led for the frontpanel. It doesnt say anything about those two and where to put them in at. A question though, is, for the mobo, should the PSU fan be plugged into Fan 2? Because I have the psu fan plugged into fan 2, cpu fan to the heatsink, back fan on fan 5, front fan on fan 4 and the mobo fan is on fan 3. Is this right? Also, there are two plugin wires that say Fan only that have 4 holes but only 2 have the gold peice in it and I dont know what to use them for. I plugged in all the fan wires together and pluged them into the wire that had alot of 4 pin plugins and used that wire for the cddrive and the fan.

Aside from that i just have to plug in the usb stuff. Does all this sound right?

Also, i never had a sata hdd before, so do i have to use that floppy disk it came with? or can i just use it immediatly like non sata hdd.

The wires coming from the back of the case are probably for an intrusion alarm. Disregard it, your board doesn't support it. The "fan only" leads from the psu are for, guess what, fans. Fans with 4-pin connectors. PM me and tell me where in Kansas you live. I may be able to help.

As I said, these are to be used to power fans ONLY. The yellow wire is +12V and the black wire is ground. Some fans have a third wire that can report fan speed, if the motherboard header supports it. I live in Lawrence and can help you if needed. PM me.

Good Luck!

I would recommend skipping adding all of your fringe components until you get things running stable. Use one stick of ram, one harddrive, one cd/DVD drive, and minimum fans. I would not connect any of the case wires but would use the on/off button on the motherboard.

No drivers are needed for Sata hard drives as the OS supports them fine.

Using this method you will be able to get into bios if needed and be able to get past the post tests and into the OS installation.

Many people have problems before getting to the OS point because they try to hook everything up at once. Some folks do not have any problems if they do the one shot method so use judgement since you know your experience level.