No post, No LEDS.....

Was cleaning the dust out of my rig today, put everything back together. Went to start up , and everything seemed normal at first, it listed my CPu, memory info and just locked up, there. So I held the power button down, to try and shut it down, wouldnt work, so I used the switch on the PSU. When attempting to restart I got Nothing. I opened my case again and noticed an errant 3 pin fan connector had slipped into the cpu fan lodging it.

Now, my question, would a burned cpu in this manner cause the whole comp to not even attempt to boot? I get nothing, No LEDs, NOTHING.

thanks for any help!!!

I wouldnt think the cpu would heat up so much at the bootup screen..even so it would shut it self down.. well.. in the best case scenario.. burned cpu can cause those symtoms but I owuld expect it to atleast give some leds.. Arent you even getting the yellow leds?

This exact thing just happened to me. I was all excited and installed my new Scythe Ninja, only to hook everything up and find nothing turning on :sad:

Turns out the PSU died. Disconnect everything but a fan and see if you can jump start the PSU.

John

thanks for the replies, been working on it for hours. I dont know exactly what happened, but I removed power, battery and cleared CMOS for 10 minutes . I got it to boot up now, but it seems to hang alot. I thought PSU as well, but after clearing the CMOS it seems to let me at least boot into windows. Weird thing is that I wasnt getting any yellow lights or power at all. I will fine tune tomorrow, Thanks for the time and help..........

Oh i sore u fixed the problem and that i just thought i would answer something, when u said "would a burned cpu in this manner cause the whole comp to not even attempt to boot?" the answer is no, when i couldnt first get my SLi-DR working (my baby as i nick named it) i removed the CPU itself and tryed to boot, it still turned on and all LED's and everything worked, and it did the same with no ram, cpu, hdd, gpu and extra power cables... some1 want to say taht somewhere in a sticky or something, just so every1 knows...