nF4 Expert - DIMM voltage issues

Hi

I recently upgraded to an Expert, having previously used an SLi-DR, and prior to that the nF2 boards ("back in the day"). Ive been replacing a lot of my hardware and after installing the new motherboard i started it up and vDimm was ~2.5, but since I was upgrading the PSU next day I didnt think much of it.

Today, swapped PSUs, and ofcourse the vDimm is still 2.5v, but the thing is changing the setting in bios seems to have minimal effect.

Before anyone claims this is due to inaccuracies in the motherboards voltage readings im taking this value directly from the sensor in my ram (which reported voltages accurately in my SLi-DR setup).

Essentially, setting 2.7v in bios = ~ 2.4-2.5v real life

setting 2.45v in bios = ~ 2.39-2.45v real life

It seems impossible to get over 2.5v (i dont want to push the settings too far incase it does actually set the voltage correctly and blows the ram), and considering one of the Experts features included the removal of the 4V jumper (improvements to vDimm?).. something is aweful strange about this :/

All voltage rails are stable, with very minor fluctuation on 5V, I have 24pin ATX, 8pin 12V and the fdd power connector plugged in. What gives?

I know corsair memory doesnt run nicely on DFIs motherboards since the move to 64bit, but running at 2.5v is just ludicrous, any attempt at serious processing results in BSOD. AFAIC once I get this dimm voltage increased i can sort out any remaining instability myself.

I have tried the big-toe modded bios, and currently have the latest official release flashed - no improvements seen. The the ram is currently in slots 2 and 4 , think 1 and 3 wouldnt boot but id have to try again to be certain.

any ideas?

What you mean by "real life".. you have use a multimeter?

my Vdimm is just higher of 0.1-0.2V to the voltage set in bios..

But the Expert is now know for have issue with TCCD DDR, example the max speed on DDR with 2x sticks DC is at 260x12.. impossible to get higher of 520mhz with the 2dimm installed.... with one i can go at 315 (630mhz) 2.5-4-4-8....

by "real life" i mean the voltage my RAM is reporting via its onboard circuitry and inbuilt LCD display. in the past this has given pretty accurate readings.. a discrepancy of .2v for vDIMM is a lot

• 4 weeks later...