Home network

Right guys you have to help me with this before I crack :)

I done a fresh install on both machines and since then ive been unable to get back my home network.

I did have my 1394 connection disabled in the bios, but thats now enabled again.

Before I would use the top network slot on my board for internet and bottom one for linking the two machines, but now for some reason my internet works only in the bottom one.

All cables are fine and connected, there are no errors on the nf4, the nf2 is showing up no connectivity.

ahhhh I hate networks when they dont work :(

I think it'd be nice if you were a little bit more descriptive on the type of setup you have. I'm getting confused just reading it...

You have 1 line directly to the internet and 1 line computer-to-computer?

so your nf4 shows up your connection but your nf2 doesnt? then i would start there.

try reinstalling MB drivers for your nf2. then try your network again from scratch using forced ip and network setup wizard. do you know how to do those things or am i just confusing you?

I think it'd be nice if you were a little bit more descriptive on the type of setup you have. I'm getting confused just reading it...

You have 1 line directly to the internet and 1 line computer-to-computer?

Your not as confused as you think :P

Thats spot on.

so your nf4 shows up your connection but your nf2 doesnt? then i would start there.

try reinstalling MB drivers for your nf2. then try your network again from scratch using forced ip and network setup wizard. do you know how to do those things or am i just confusing you?

No your not confusing me just yet :rolleyes:

But ok after just reading my initial post it is kinda confusing so I will go into a little more detail :

My nf4 connects directly to the internet, now on my previous install It connected through the top network slot on my board (How relevant this is I dunno), the bottom slot was used up by the network cross over cable which is connected to the bottom lan slot in my NF2.

So the nf4 and nf2 linked for file sharing, games etc, and my nf4 connects to internet.

On my fresh install today the first mistake I made was disabling my 1394 connection in the bios, because my internet wasnt working as normal with the modem connected to the top lan slot in the board, it did however work in the bottom slot, I always just thought the top slot was internet and the bottom was home network or to router or whatever, obvious im wrong.

Anyways I might just uninstall and start again now that I have my bios back to the way it should be.

I did have this working perfect before but its just never been straight forward, my nf2 shows up 3 connections.

Ill work at it again tomorrow, its St Patricks day and I am away to get full :drool: