Indian in IT

Abhi72001

"here come the Indians" in a forum here about Dell buying Alienware..................Ah yeah I am Indian, my father's company Medtronic experimented by sending a project to India a team less than 1/2 the size here (USA) finished a 3 month project (for a reguar full size team in U.S.) in labout a month. Medtronic expected the Indian team to be bad and then they wouldnt have to export work but boy were they surprised when such a small team finished the work in about 1/3-1/2 of the alloted time. That too the work was QUALITY. Im sick of people calling us unskilled or that we are less qulified than Americans. Even Microsoft has been awed by Indian engineers some of who are believe it or not as young as 12.

By the way I am trying to inform this is not in anger lol.

If your talking about coustomer service than yea they do suck lol

i dunno if this is a good idea to start a thread on....ummm.... race..... but if i may post my 2cents here;

i think east indian people are cool... sure, some people make fun of it, and i apologize deeply i sometimes laugh with them too (have u ever watch Peter Russel? OMFG that guy is hilarious!), i mean, come on, to be honest your accent is unique... just like chinese accent (im asian btw, but not chinese)

BUT i have the utmost respect to them regardless their skill and intelectual.

i had a buddy that is just totally smart in college, and i had a professor for math that is utterly smart....... both east-indian.

so..... just to say my own thoughts, IMO average indian people are more skilled than most caucasian.... in college i would work extra hard just to compete with either east-indians or chinese students....... they're like, have a bigger brain or somethin :P

so, i dont think u should take the comment on the other post seriously..... altho i agree its somewhat inappropriate. but i believe u should take care of these kind of things in PM...

mod?

i really dont think we want to get into whether Indians are good or bad etc nor do we need a show of support from patriotic americans on such a subject.

I can only see this turning ugly quickly so we'll just nip it in the bud right away.