GEIL Ultra - wich chips ?

1 hour and 16 min with memtest#5 at 2-3-3-6-12 DDR400 with 2.87 to 2.88 vdimm, 0 errors.

10 passes of the whole memory test suit from PC Mark 2004.

I'll see what i do tonight, is there any way to "tell" memtest86 that you want to run #5 and #8 test alternated???

Im gonna try OCCT with AMD cool'n'quiet enabled and driver installed, if stable, and gaming and memtest stable that's gonna be my "stock P2Ping" config (i'll save it to CMOS reloaded).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour and 16 min with memtest#5 at 2-3-3-6-12 DDR400 with 2.87 to 2.88 vdimm, 0 errors.

10 passes of the whole memory test suit from PC Mark 2004.

I'll see what i do tonight, is there any way to "tell" memtest86 that you want to run #5 and #8 test alternated???

Im gonna try OCCT with AMD cool'n'quiet enabled and driver installed, if stable, and gaming and memtest stable that's gonna be my "stock P2Ping" config (i'll save it to CMOS reloaded).

No. You don't want to run memtest that way. OCCT will work not properly with Cool'n'Quiet. Remember, you want to burn-in (heat) up that memory. Cool'n'Quiet will try to slow down your machine.

You want to strictly run test #5 for 5hrs+ straight. If you get no errors, then you want to run test #8 for 5hrs+. If you still get no errors, then you run the entire memtest suite for 5hrs. If you are error free, then your memory is stable at that speed. Test #5 and #8 are very stressful, if you run them alone.

C'mon, its time for you to burn in your memory.

Try these conservative settings:

200FSB, x4, 16/16, x9, 105mhz, Dis, your vcore, 1.3V, 1.6V, 3.0V

200 (1/1), En, 2, 2, 5, 2, 7, 15, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2048, En

Auto, 0, Auto, Auto, Auto, Normal, Auto, 256, En, 16, 4, Dis

When you're ready, try burning in 230-250FSB @ 3.5V 1T 1:1 2/2/2/5 timings. You will eventually be able to achieve 200FSB @ 2.7V 1T 1:1 2/2/2/5 or 230FSB @ 3.3V 1T 1:1 2/2/2/5 timings within a couple of months.

cjoe

When you're ready, try burning in 230-250FSB @ 3.5V 1T 1:1 2/2/2/5 timings. You will eventually be able to achieve 200FSB @ 2.7V 1T 1:1 2/2/2/5 or 230FSB @ 3.3V 1T 1:1 2/2/2/5 timings within a couple of months.

I have to burn 15 hours of memtest the RAM at 3.5v for TWO MONTHS? ô_O

Or should i use the rig for two months at 3.5vdimm with those speeds?

I have to burn 15 hours of memtest the RAM at 3.5v for TWO MONTHS? ô_O

Or should i use the rig for two months at 3.5vdimm with those speeds?

No, you just need it burn it in 5hrs+ per night while you sleep for around 2weeks.

Before you sleep, reduce your Cpu Multiplier to 7x (reduce vcore), select your FSB (increase your Vdimm) and run test #5. If you don't encounter any errors in the morning, increase your FSB by 5mhz the next night. If you get more than 10errors per pass, reduce the OC until you get only 10errors or less per pass. This is the stretching phase of the burn in. Once you get to around 240mhz stable at test#5, now run test #8 at night to confirm stability. If you get no errors in the morning, run the whole test suite at night. If your memory is stable, your memory should not generate any errors.

This process usually takes around 2weeks of burning every night.

Search the various threads for burning in memory.

good luck

cjoe