120x38 ~70cfm ~25dba?

Guest Loony_merged

Guest Loony

I'm looking for a fan that does about 70cfm at 25dba or less in the 120x38 class.

The 38mm thickness gives it the perfect positioning in my case, that's why I don't want a 25mm.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Also, if anyone knows of anyone that has a chart that relates RPM to DBA, or CFM to DBA, that'd be awesome. Because sometimes they just say 85cfm @ 3500rpm @ 35dba. Well, if I lower the RPM with a controller...how much CFM am I getting and at what DBA? Thank you...

Guest Loony
I bought the Vantec Tornado and modded the plug for 7Volts. It should last forever.

Is that a 120x38mm fan? I've only found the 80-92mm tornados.

buy a SilenX or Thermaltake fan. I'm sure either of those two have a 200 cfm fan at 16 dB if they have been moving ahead since I bought my 120mm 77 cfm 22 db fan from thermaltake. :sweat:

Volume ratings often lie. Check silentpcreview.com, or any other site that tests wheather it has annoying noises along with the normal fan noise, or if what it is rated for is correct to begin with.

Guest Loony
buy a SilenX or Thermaltake fan. I'm sure either of those two have a 200 cfm fan at 16 dB if they have been moving ahead since I bought my 120mm 77 cfm 22 db fan from thermaltake. :sweat:

Volume ratings often lie. Check silentpcreview.com, or any other site that tests wheather it has annoying noises along with the normal fan noise, or if what it is rated for is correct to begin with.

Do you have a part number for that fan?

Guest Loony
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2532.html

check the link and my sig

some people have said they werent impressed by these but then some people said they werent impressed by DFI motherboards so who knows...

also, you'd have to source one in the states...

Paul

That's the perfect fan right there...

EDIT: They sell them here(New Mexico), and here(Virgina). Cheapest places I saw. Now I get to spend more money! :sweat:

ok lets assume all our rigs are going to have at least two 12cm fans running and then a cooler for the CPU. even WC needs fans running, right?

so you cant hear my SilenX 38mm over the standard 120mm intake and exhaust fans in my case even when you put your head up against it, and you can barely hear the whole thing run anyway. until you have tried these Silenx fans, you wont understand how much the new design they use reduces noise.