Windows 64bit (merged threads)

Also, a main reason why I upgraded to 64bit is because I got the game World of Warcraft which is 5 cds and takes 30-40 minutes to install. I got to the 5th cd and boom computer completely locks up, no mouse no nothing, i waited several minutes until i rebooted and started the install all over again. The the second time around of installing, I get an error saying the setup cannot be completed and made me exit out of the setup. Also, the computer locked up randomly but persistantly. I ran OCCT, and Prime95 and everythign seemed fine. =X

Hi casmello,

Questions to answer regarding system stability.

1. Have you run MemTest five full times test 1-8?

2. Have you run MemTest, test #5 & test #8 for at least 50 loops?

3. Have you run Prime95 torture test (blend) for at least 8 hours?

4. Have you run the full suite of 3DMark tests (01, 03 and 05)?

If you have run all of the above benchmark and stress tests, did they all pass? They should!

Links to good memory testers.

http://www.memtest.org/ Memtest86+ version available to test memory from DOS before windows boots. No errors should appear.

http://hcidesign.com/memtest/ Download HCI freeware memory tester from within windows. Should show no errors.

Try all the above on your system (takes a long time .... sorry) and tell us what happened :)

P.S. Are all your power connectors plugged into the motherboard ?

Cheers,

Caspanis

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man I should of saved the error, I think it was during the 3rd or 4th cd install, and a error pops up saying something about not being able to continue and it has to exit and to contact blizzard.

but i got the same error installing on xp sp2 that i did on windows 64bit

i am using a 64bit proc and windows 64 but i get the same error on xp and 64bit windows

There telling me, if im using 64bit I need to have all my drivers updated to 64bit, but I need help with this man im pullin my hair out. Its not easy finding what you need exactly when you dont know what your looking for

Hi casmello,

From your sig it doesn't appear that you need much drivers aside from :

1) The motherboard chipset drivers for your OS and ............

2) The video card drivers for xp64

Do you have any more hardware on this system that you have not listed ?

Cheers,

Caspanis

You had two threads that seem to have been merged .......... was posting to both , confused now :confused:

Anyway check my first post and ensure that you're stable , then deal with the WOW problem.

Cheers,

Caspanis

Audigy 2 sound card, 2 maxtor hard drives thats about it. Im going to try those drivers right now thanks for all the help so far

Ok you have an Audigy 2 zs , they'll need drivers too . Just head on over here to http://us.creative.com/support/ and select the software autoupdate option (note: you must use the system you wish to update to do this) and it will check your system out and give you the option of getting the right drivers/software for your particular sound card. It worked for me (long download though :( )

Also , fill in your hardware in your sig , it helps a lot in getting help. :cool:

Cheers,

Caspanis

Hey, after installing these drivers, if I still have problems I will go through that process, I have ran some test like prime 95 and memtest and occt but never seen any problems. Ill let you know soon thanks again for info

Hey, after installing these drivers, if I still have problems I will go through that process, I have ran some test like prime 95 and memtest and occt but never seen any problems. Ill let you know soon thanks again for info

casmello,

Even if you don't "detect" problems you should run through these tests just to be sure that there are no hidden problems waiting to bite you in the butt later on when using the system.

My two (2) cents .

Cheers,

Caspanis

Hi casmello,

Questions to answer regarding system stability.

3. Have you run Prime95 torture test (blend) for at least 8 hours?

If you have run all of the above benchmark and stress tests, did they all pass? They should!

Links to good memory testers.

http://www.memtest.org/ Memtest86+ version available to test memory from DOS before windows boots. No errors should appear.

http://hcidesign.com/memtest/ Download HCI freeware memory tester from within windows. Should show no errors.

Try all the above on your system (takes a long time .... sorry) and tell us what happened

P.S. Are all your power connectors plugged into the motherboard ?

Cheers,

Caspanis

Regarding this post.....

This is the bios test correct? How do you specify which test does how many loops?

I have prime95 and since its 8 hours ill let it run til I wake up.

Where would I get this? any special instructions?