Windows x64

xX_RAPTOR_Xx

Guest Neezer

I don't have personal experience with it, but a friend of mine said the had a lot of problems getting office to run. Prolly cause office is still 32 bit?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have personal experience with it, but a friend of mine said the had a lot of problems getting office to run. Prolly cause office is still 32 bit?

I'm using Office: Teacher and Student Edition 2003, and have never had a problem.

All you guy's that havent tryed win64bit lateley should give it a try again. Ive been running it a copple month's now and everything works like a charm and Ive found every type of software ive needid so far Security Burning gaming backup even a 64bit version of nostromo N-52 driver's. Sometimes it's hard to find but it's out there I spent 4 hour's finding a backup utility designed for 64bit win and it backed up my C/ drive just fine. It's kind of like when everybody went from 98 to XP,O it was awfull i herd more b****ing and moaning than i care to remember. If you only have one pc dont bother but if you have access to 2 give it a whorle I miss my Norton System works but Symantic antivirus works fine and I loved Ghost but if you try Acronis true image it even look's the same. All the best burning utility's are good to go Nero 6or7 Alcohol 120 virtuall drive work's now all the little ones worked anyway like clone and ultra iso and any dvd -what else do you need I not sure about being abel to OC verry well but ive got a 500mhz on my 3700sandy and it's stabel as a rock and it really didnt do any better in 32bit. Some of the players are alittle funny you have to use power dvd 5 instead of 6, win media 10 is alittle flakey when yo try to play a svcd but it dose everything else ok. I mean all of these systems we are building are disigned to run on 64bit operating system's. Really why are they making all this 64bit stuff? my 2500 mobill works ok and it sure as heck was alot easier to overclock. I have a 500Mhz OC on it to it sit's on the other side of my lcd. But really give it a try be flexable my 64bit box really dose run better than it did when i built it and installed 32bit to get it running.Ill get off ny soapbox now you guys have fun===BA===

I probably should have re-read the whole thread, before my last post. I found the Nostromo drivers yesterday, but I'd about given up and quit looking for a while.

SoundX98, Good to see you busted that oc'ing myth wide open. I was one that always mentioned the reports and reviews on x64 that it doesn't oc as easily. I never was entirely sure I believed it, though. The reviews stated the problem with high oc's were with the 4000+ San Diego and it's memory controller. Anyone had good success with the 4000+?

and I couldn't find a good printer driver' date=' or antivirus. Bottem line' date=' if you game/OC/LAN I would stick to XP Pro; I say this because all games are going to run no problem along with updates/SDK's/ect...QUOTE'']

I agree. There are no HP printer drivers for X64, and its bad that Zone Labs wont get off their bum and produce a X64 version. McAfee dont either. So I ended up using NOD32 which was highly recommended. Logitech dont produce drivers that support my wireless keyboard or mouse yet too.

My system dual boots so I wont disturb my XP Pro 32 install. X64 is not stable enough for me to migrate but if anything I can try 64 bit stuff. Got Half Life on there but I cant really notice much difference. Got Far Cry too but that wont load. The loading window appears, disappears and nothing.

(btw I managed to install X64 after buying recommended memory)

Vark,

Did you go to Ubisofts site and get the 64 bit Farcry version? If not, you'll need the 1.3, 1.31 patches, then install 1.32 (64 bit) and extended content patch. Mine did the same thing if I tried to run the 32 bit version. 64 bit has the added benifit of not having to have the disk in the drive, as well.