Crucial Ballistix again

well for me the crucial ballistix worked perfect for a year now... at the moment i get a lot of bsods ... i updated the bios with tonys version. now i am running memtest and i get several errors...

if i use both ballistix in the yellow slots i get these errors but if i test them seperately in the yellow slot i get no errors. so where is the hint? i would like to use them both at once of course! orange slots i havent tried yet

help would be nice!

thank you

haha

just tried them seperatly :

one module works great and with the other one i get errors in memtest

thats strange... it seems one module became defect after one year having no problems... i havent overclocked

@hitandrun:

what did you mean??? i havent understood you. my english is quite bad

i set everything to auto and even had vdimm to 2,8

with the one i got no errors when i use the other one memtest shows errors

Looks like one of your sticks is dead.

I had the same, one of my sticks died after 15 months, I called Crucial, I had to send both sticks to them and they replaced both for new ones that are now running very well.

well rma again... crucial sux ... i think i will buy ocz i dunno.. which ones are good? i will look for some info in the forums

thanks

I couldn't get my Ballistix stable either, so I ebayed it and bought OCZ.

From what I have been hearing about the ballistic ram I would not be getting any no too soon as I am noticing a trend that seems to be going dow. that trend being that after a year or less the 1Gb kits are having one stick going out . this is realy a bad sign as this kind of stuff is bad for business. I have had my OCZ gold for a year now and this stuff is the best !