Sata II

I have searched the web and cant find a answer so I am hoping that some of the members here can answer this for me.

I have a Raptor 150 which is Sata II , or well claims to be. According to windows its runnings as a Sata I drive , is there anyway to change this ? I have no jumpers set as thats how it came . As far as I know i did everything right and it should be running in Sata II , unless the nvidia sata controller cant do Sats II ? Any Ideas ?

Thanks guys

The WD Raptor 150 is an SATA 1.5Gbps drive.

EDIT

link goodness...

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.as...189&Language=en

click on specifications for the details

I guess thats what I get for believeing neweggs discription :mad:

and of course now it has been corrected ... sorry for teh wasted mental power i had you guys consume whiel typing :/

You know, I looked at the pic you attached and my device mangler doesn't list my controller as a serial ata controller, it lists it as an ADMA controller. It is showing my drive as SATA Gen 2, 3G like it should, but should I be worried? Perhaps it's just that I'm probably using an older version of the Nvidia drivers. I installed what came with the mobo...

Perhaps it's just that I'm probably using an older version of the Nvidia drivers. I installed what came with the mobo...

If you're not having troubles you should stay with what you've got. The newer drivers have specific issues they address. You can visit the nVidia page for the revision specifics.

If you're not having troubles you should stay with what you've got. The newer drivers have specific issues they address. You can visit the nVidia page for the revision specifics.

I'll do just that (it ain't broke so I won't try to "fix" it)... ;)