Asus PTGD1-LA

Can someone help me with overclocking on this Motherboard..... Asus PTGD1-LA (Hp pavillion a847c)

Pentium4 540 (P) HT 3.2 GHz- 800 MHz Front side bus - Socket 775

Motherboard: Asus-PTGD1-LA Motherboard name: Goldfish2-GL8E

Memory: 512MB(256*2) 184 pin DDR SDRAM

GEIL 1GB PC3200 DUAL C2

Hard drive: 250GB SATA at 7200 rpm

Maxtor 300GB L01S300 16MB Buffer Serial ATA (SATA)

Chipset : Intel 915GV

besides, there's no chance of overclocking through the bios...software overclock, maybe and even at that you will not be able to do much...not worth the time or effort...branded computers have stripped bioses to prevent overclocking

My experence @asus is they don't really seem to care much about overclocking. But there are some overclockers there who may help if 1 catches yer' thread. Theres quite some diffrence between these boards (DFi-Asus) I sorta' doubt many poeple here can help ya' unless someone is running a board of the same model as yer's. Good-Luck..... "Clay" PS. Asus boards can overclock ok. but they are alot more work.

@haixingau: I have several customers who own that specific HP model. One of my customers was in the same position as you, wanting to overclock the system.

Asus produced that motherboard for several 1st tier manufacturers (HP, Compaq, Gateway) and does not provide a retail BIOS for it.

The BIOS that HP provides is very limiting, to say the least. PCI lock, FSB adjustment, memory timings & divider support are non-existant.

Your best bet would be to replace the motherboard with one that does provide overclocking options.

I'll look at my notes when I get home and find-out which board I used to fulfill my customer's overclocking wishes.